UTSW 2021-2022 Application Cycle

51 minutes ago, houpa2024 said:

Do you mean there’s only 2 spots left in the cohort?

In each cohort, this school only matriculates very very very few out of state applicants. So I think that's what he/she/they meant. The program director explained it during the Meet and Greet event I attended last week and if i recall correctly it has something to do with the funds they get from the gvt, so they are capped in the number of out of state applicants they can accept. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, amazingIam242 said:

In each cohort, this school only matriculates very very very few out of state applicants. So I think that's what he/she/they meant. The program director explained it during the Meet and Greet event I attended last week and if i recall correctly it has something to do with the funds they get from the gvt, so they are capped in the number of out of state applicants they can accept. 

Oh okay that makes sense! I believe there is a law that says 90% have to be in state. Thanks for that clarification! 

2 hours ago, PA1016 said:

I got the call today from UTSW! I’m beyond excited. If anyone else got accepted, please let me know! 

Congrats. I was glued on my phone all this evening since I knew they would be calling in people based on the previous threads. Either way, I am pretty sure you deserve it and can only wish you the best. 🎉🎊

I was thinking that perhaps they should have sent another round of emails today (or very soon) for the second round of interviews? If emails were sent out on August 24th for the first round of interviews on September 11th, that's 2 weeks and 4 days before the interview itself, which is the same amount of time for the next interview session. 

Anyone received anything yet? 

Nothing on my end but according to the UTSW these are the next interview dates. In the past, invites were sent 2 weeks prior to the interview dates listed. There might just be a delay since its still early. Don't lose hope!!

• Friday, October 1, and Saturday interview, October 2, 2021
  • Monday, November 1, and Tuesday interview, November 2, 2021
  • Friday, November 19, and Saturday interview, November 20 , 2021
  • Monday, January 10, and Tuesday interview, January 11, 2022
  • Monday, January 24, and Tuesday interview, January 25, 2022
  • Like 2