UTSW 2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hi everyone! First time applicant here - I submitted CASPA on May 31st, verified on June 2nd. On June 2nd, I received an email to complete the residency questionnaire which I completed that day. I have not received any emails since then. An earlier post in this forum states that they begin sending interview invites in August and interview sessions begin September 10 through late January, a total of 6 interview sessions. Patiently waiting for an interview invite!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully next week we'll hear something 🙂

I have a feeling that it might be taking a while because they're switching back to online interviews and initially they were going to conduct in-person interviews. I say this because UNTHSC also planned to do in-person interviews but have now switched to virtual. I'm thinking this is due to the sudden rise in COVID-19/delta variant cases.

For people who interviewed with this program last cycle, do you guys know how long the post-interview wrap up presentation (the one that will be conducted at 1:30PM after all the interviews ) is supposed to last? I will be working that Saturday afternoon and was wondering if I should just call in (not really possible as I am already on probation for calling in last month) OR ask a co-worker to cover me (not that easy as no ones at my job likes working on the weekend) OR come in and leave late that day (better option than the previous ones, however, I will need to notify my manager on how late I will be that day). 

• 2 weeks later...