UTSW 2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:48 PM, Mmass713 said:

Hey guys! I received and completed the residency questionnaire (05/10), and my GRE scores were received! I was verified on 05/06. Hoping to hear from more of you that are applying this cycle!

Hi! Did you use the GRE code 6686 from their website? I can't find them on the CASPA page with all the school codes and I think this might be why they're the only school that hasn't received my scores. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just Applied1 (5/22/21)

Applicant Profile

Personal Profile:

Sex: Male

State of Residence: MS (underserved/rural county)

Academic:

cGPA: 3.50

sGPA: 3.56

Post-bac cGPA (57 credit hours): 3.66

Post-bac sGPA (46 credit hours): 3.73

***Post-bac performed working full-time, and my wife and I had our baby at the beginning of it all.

Supporting Info:

PCE: ~1,500hrs (ER tech)

HCE: ~4,500hrs (patient transport)

Other relevant work experience: 2 years as a personal trainer

LOR’s: 5 total (1 PA, 1 physician mentor, 3 professors)

Shadowing: 60hrs PA (cardiology, psychiatry), 100+hrs physician (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, orthopedic, ER)

Volunteer: ~200hrs (online crisis counselor)

Leadership: 200hrs (president of American Medical Student Association, local chapter)

Research: 150hrs (community-based research and outreach)

Teaching Experience: ~50-60hrs (tutor for a semester)

I will keep this updated with any notices of verification, interview, acceptances, etc. 

Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone! I'll share my stats too.

I applied1 05/10/2021

Personal:

Sex: Female

State: MD

Academic:

cGPA: 3.85

sGPA: 3.76

Extracurricular:

PCE: 2,500hrs (Labor and Delivery Tech, PT aide, EMT)

HCE: 890 hrs (delivering patient food)

Volunteer: 1,500 (church volunteer, ED volunteer)

Leadership: ~200 (student senator, chair of multicultural committee, campus activities board)

LOR’s: 5 total (2 physicians, 1 nurse, 1 advisor, 1 professor)

Shadowing: 112 hrs

Also thanks to DLK1993 because I used his template haha. I'll update throughout the cycle if I hear anything as well 🙂

2 hours ago, sonson said:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Verified May 3rd, Confirmation email with link to residency questionnaire received May 10th, submitted same day.

Good luck to you too! I am hoping to submit next week, just waiting on a professor's LOR. Was the supplementary only residency questions or did they add essay prompts as well?

Hi!  Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle.  I am a re-applicant & very hopeful for this cycle!  CASPA app was submitted on 5/11, verified on 5/12.

Education: Bachelor’s in Holistic Health & Wellness, with a Psychology minor

Patient Care: 9,432 hours (as a clinical trials coordinator, phlebotomist, PT tech)

Healthcare: 3,680 hours

Volunteer/Shadowing: 781 hours (gynecological oncology, pediatric oncology, integrative medicine)

Teaching: 315 hours

• 2 weeks later...

What's the easiest way to verify that UTSW received your GRE scores without contacting them lol? I sent my GRE score to several schools at the same time and CASPA received the ones intended for them. However, I just want to be sure that UTSW is all good too!

33 minutes ago, gebre said:

What's the easiest way to verify that UTSW received your GRE scores without contacting them lol? I sent my GRE score to several schools at the same time and CASPA received the ones intended for them. However, I just want to be sure that UTSW is all good too!

They send you a link for a portal. The link that you use for your residency questionnaire is the same one you'll use to check the status of your GRE scores. You'll click 'PA' then 'Status' then you'll see 'Status Checklist'. That's how you check the status. Hope this helped 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MedicMan4 said:

Hey everyone!

Good luck to all those applying this cycle. Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invitations?

Based on the interview dates, I would expect them to start sending out interview invites in August. Here the interview dates for this cycle:

Do you interview candidates for your program and what is the format?

Yes. A multiple mini-interview is conducted for the most competitive applicants to the PA program. Approximately 180 applicants are invited to interview each year.

Evening “Meet and Greet” and next day interview dates for the cycle of 2021-2022 are as follows:

• Friday, September 10, and Saturday interview, September 11, 2021
  • Friday, October 1, and Saturday interview, October 2, 2021
  • Monday, November 1, and Tuesday interview, November 2, 2021
  • Friday, November 19, and Saturday interview, November 20 , 2021
  • Monday, January 10, and Tuesday interview, January 11, 2022
  • Monday, January 24, and Tuesday interview, January 25, 2022
  • Like 2

Hi everyone! I wanted reach out regarding the GRE stats for this program. I tried researching it but am not having any luck, I see there is no minimum requirement but am not sure if I should submit my not so great GRE scores now (to check that off the list), or if I should wait until after I retake the GRE mid July? I am not sure how heavy they weigh the GRE and I know this program is rolling admissions....not sure what to do. Any feedback or insight into this is SUPER appreciated 🙂

TIA!

28 minutes ago, dnuggett said:

Hi everyone! I wanted reach out regarding the GRE stats for this program. I tried researching it but am not having any luck, I see there is no minimum requirement but am not sure if I should submit my not so great GRE scores now (to check that off the list), or if I should wait until after I retake the GRE mid July? I am not sure how heavy they weigh the GRE and I know this program is rolling admissions....not sure what to do. Any feedback or insight into this is SUPER appreciated 🙂

TIA!

Hi! Here is a link to the PowerPoint from an information session for UTSW. For the class of 2021 profile, the average GRE (V and Q) was 307. There are more student profiles from previous classes in here as well!

https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/education/school-of-health-professions/programs/physician-assistant-studies/admissions/information_session_2020.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...