week off??

• 3 weeks later...

@ lead pipe... also it depends on the program. My program gets four 1-week breaks throughout the didactic year - one between each quarter and one at thanksgiving, and then 4 weeks around Christmas. Clinical year is like 2-3 days here and there, with a week or two for Christmas. I have heard of some programs (some of the 3 year programs) that follow the traditional semester schedule with a summer break, but I'm not sure which ones (or if that's even true)...

I think this is an important question to ask LOL, i actually didn't realize that until just before I started classes... Not only is there no mid-term vacations for us, we aren't allowed to miss any classes even for weddings, family functions, or anything... it's really important that your family understands that, best of luck! I was hoping for a family vacation in the summer too, but that time will come... We DO have classmates plan major trips during our week-long breaks though, cruises, Iceland, etc... we go big because we know that once the quarter starts again, we'll be studying non-stop!

Archived