Any schools waiving the PA letter?

Guest sofargone

Guest sofargone

I haven't had any luck finding a PA to shadow. Although I've done some virtual shadowing, they told me they weren't willing to write me a letter as they can't attest to my character ( understandable). Is there any sort of list of schools that don't require a letter or are waiving it due to covid?

I've yet to see any schools that are waiving it. I was telling my wife it doesn't make sense they have made exceptions for shadowing hours for PA's, yet somehow want you to still get a letter from a PA that you can't shadow. There are some schools I've seen that just say 3 letters and you can pick who you would like but obviously a letter from a PA helps.

Edited by browens3pa

My program’s requirement is “Three academic and/or professional letters of recommendation”. So there are definitely programs out there that don’t specifically require one being from a PA.  I’m not certain if a letter from a PA gives you an advantage or not. I had 1 from my ED director (an MD), 2 from RNs and 1 from an Ortho PA. I think there is more leeway with COVID and that programs are more understanding that students did not have the opportunity to work with or shadow a PA.

Edited by 1madmamma