Will hurt or help, to call the schools u applied to, to show desire!

Would it hurt you or help you to call the schools you've applied to, expressing your real desire to get into their program.

I have met a PA student who told me, she kept calling and calling and calling, until she got an interview because she didnt want her grades to influence what she was capable of. She got 3 interviews out of 5, and now is on her way to be a PA. However she did take 21 credits a semester, even if her GPA wasn't the highest in the pool of applicants, so knowing this, I am a little weary about incessantly badgering the committee. Since she may have been granted interviews anyway, and the phone calls didnt actually do any justice.

What about all of you guys? Any opinions on this?

I think you run the risk of becoming a pest and hurting your chances. Be very careful. Before I applied I went to the open houses and info sessions of the programs I was interested in. It was there that I introduced myself around to faculty and the student volunteers and asked intelligent questions specifically about the programs. The program directors knew of my interest before I applied. After I applied I had no contact until interviews. I sent thank you letters after my interviews.

Don't do it! It's annoying and they have way too many applicants before interviews to care about what you have to say. You might want to send a thank you note after the interview or one phone call if you end up on waiting list, but that's it!

Archived