Is it significantly harder for international students to get into PA school?

GPA and GRE are only parts of the application. You also need health care experience, volunteering, community service, shadowing, letters from PAs and/or physicians, etc. 

Your scores are fine. If you have the rest of the package you should not have a problem getting into PA school. There are now several physician associate programs in the UK, Scotland, and Ireland as well. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

GPA and GRE are only parts of the application. You also need health care experience, volunteering, community service, shadowing, letters from PAs and/or physicians, etc. 

Your scores are fine. If you have the rest of the package you should not have a problem getting into PA school. There are now several physician associate programs in the UK, Scotland, and Ireland as well. 

Thanks for the response! I can get all the things you've mentioned, I was just concerned about getting them all and then still falling short anyway just because I'm an international applicant. It's a big commitment to get do all the PCE, volunteering, community service, shadowing, letters and doing all the pre-requisites (plus the costs involved in this last step). Are you sure that I'll still be considered fairly as a non-american citizen after all this?

The physician associate position in the UK is poorly developed, a lot of competent people are trained and then can't find a job because there's only around 1000 in the UK. I've also always wanted to live in the states so it's a perfect choice for me to study there.