Interviews 2012-2013??

Thanks!! The interview process was great, there were only eight of us so we got to know each other well. Basically, I think the board is looking to see how you act in a group setting. It was emphasized by multiple staff members that they select candidates whom they think will work well together.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gobuffs1996, Caspa just mailed my application yesterday or this morning. I completed my Caspa application 9-25 and my gre scores were sent to OHSU on 9-12. I dont know how long it takes for them to send a confirmation email that they have everything. I called last week to confirm an appropriate pre-req course and they did have my supplemental application. I didnt ask about my gre scores but I hope to receive an email today that they have all the materials needed to begin reviewing my application. I wonder if anyone else knows the turnaround times for this. I am getting a little anxious.

Hi lilian87, if you don't mind me asking, when did OHSU confirm that your application was complete...CASPA, supplemental, GRE scores all in?

Thanks!

Hey gobuffs, CASPA mailed my application on 9/4, submitted my supplemental on 9/6, OHSU emailed saying my app is complete on 9/7, GRE scores were sent in some time in August. I hope this help!!

And lalameda, how/when did you hear of your status? Email or phone?

My understanding is that right now, as an early alternate, things are probably looking ok for you. It sounds like the Adcom meets twice a month to discuss candidates; anyone who has a status as an "early alternate" is looked at each session as a potential candidate for the class; so, really, you could be accepted next week, or you could be kept as an early alternate until February, at which point they would put you on the waitlist. It's hard to tell your chances, so to speak, so if you liked OHSU, I would just keep hoping for the best, and pursue other options in the meantime. Best of luck to you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not positive, but I believe interviews are going through January. Since the interviews are purposefully composed of small groups (6-8 candidates per interview session), they have a lot of them. Final class selections are made by February, and at that time an official waitlist is generated as well. So, I think it's safe to say that since you haven't gotten a rejection letter yet, you're probably still in the running for an interview. Good luck Lyn6!

I have an interview Dec 13th. The e-mail said "We will be adding January dates as interview options, but for now we are only scheduling up through December 13.� Please keep in mind the OHSU PA Program utilizes rolling admissions. Interviews occur September through January and positions in the class will be filled as interviews progress." That e-mail was sent out on Oct. 23rd.

Archived