Interviews?? 2012-2013

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emailed the program to check the status of my application since it went under review June 28th. They said I was still be considered! Anyone else been waiting as long as me?? I really hope I get an interview! Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted!

stephaniemorgan, the interview day was very relaxed and I felt like I could truly just be myself. Personally, I don't think you will have too much trouble finding that medium in the group discussion. They really give each person equal amounts of time and attention in the interview portion of the day. In my group we got to answer the questions in whatever order we wanted (I actually only went first once or twice) so I don't think order really mattered as long as you can answer the question differently than those who answered before you (so if you only have one way to answer the question try to speak first!). On the other hand I think it is beneficial to try to stand out in the large group situations by asking questions and letting them hear your voice/know you are interested in the school before the small group discussions. Good luck on your interview!

hey guys! I just received an invitation to interview this morning-I will be interviewing Nov 2nd and hope to see some of you there!!! I have been checking my email 100 times a day, as well as the MWU portal to see if anything has changed! I submitted my CASPA app September 1st and this is one of the first schools I have heard back from. Good luck to everyone! I'm sure you'll hear back soon if you haven't yet :)

Hey all! I submitted my apps to caspa 9/14 and received an email from mwu saying that they received all my info and app materials on October 17th. How long did it take you from the time you received the MWU email, confirming they received all your materials, to get an interview invitation? Or for others of you or people you know a rejection letter?

Hey shnooks, it took pretty much a week from the day they sent the confirmation that they received my materials until the email invite for an interview. hope that helps. I would assume that a bit later in the cycle it may take a little longer since they have a greater amount of applications, but who knows. good luck :)

Thanks daviestm for the reply! ... I've seen some people have waited a long time and still haven't heard anything either. I guess it's just a wait and see game. Thanks though, I hope to hear something soon!

Also to you and All others here, for those of you accepted for an interview invitation, would you mind posting some stats? such as sgpa, cum gpa, EC's and gre? I'm just curious to see how MWU looks at different aspects of applications and accepts based on them.

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey, sure I wouldn't mind

sGPA: 3.9

cum GPA: 3.99

extracurriculars: high school mentor, softball coach, veterinary assistant, working on a farm, division II softball pitcher

shadowing: cardiothoracic surgical PA, pediatrician, family practice PA

health care hours: over 3,500 + as a CNA at pediatric hospital and long term care facility for children

Will be graduating from the University of Delaware with a bachelors in cognitive science and minors in psychology and biology

GRE: 307 ... a bit below their average

Accepted :)

sGPA: 3.73

cGPA: 3.70

patient care hours: ~2000 mostly as a patient care tech and some as a caregiver, as well as a primary caregiver for my dad who had Lou Gehrig's Disease.

Shadowed with an Orthopedic surg PA, Dermatology PA, and a Neurosurg PA

GRE: 299

Graduated from Indiana University in 2010 with a BS in Applied Health Science, majoring in Dietetics.

I interviewed October 12 and am still waiting to hear something!

Good luck:)

I don't mind sharing my stats:

sGPA: 3.96

cum GPA: 3.96

GRE: 314

Patient Care Experience Hours: ~ 1900 hours as a Physical Therapy Aide; shadowed 2 different Ortho PAs for about 60 hours total.

Extracurriculars include: tutoring, health education volunteer, PT/OT volunteer at local hospital; Relay For Life

Graduated in 2012 from DePaul University with my BS in Biological Sciences

Interviewed September 21st! Accepted! Wahoo!

Good luck everyone!

I interveiwed on October 5th and still haven't heard any news. Has anyone heard anything yet that interviewed on October 5th or 12th?!

I was just in contact with Midwestern today and they said they would send a response in the mail anywhere from 2-6 weeks from today (I interviewed the 12th so I'd imagine you are on a time scale one week sooner than this). I have money due at another school so I wanted to see if any updates were available but unfortunately there was not!

Archived