Interviews?? 2012-2013

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem! I am currently on the alternate list and hoping for the best. Midwestern was awesome and, compared to my other interviews, was the most laid-back. You spend a good portion of the day with your specific group before the actual interview which allows for the nerves to settle just a little bit :smile:. All in all, I had a fantastic experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello future PAs!

I have an interview this Friday and was hoping someone could help ease this anxiety a little.

Was there only a group interview? No individual interview? I have never had a group interview before and don't really know what to expect. Do we each get a chance to answer the same question? Or are they more personalized questions directed at each candidate?

Also what type of group activity is there? I am imagining it will be some type of ethical or problem solving assignment we will have to solve together, am I on the right track?

Thank you so much for your time. Any help would really be appreciated.

Good luck everyone!!

Mariam410,

Yes it is a group interview, about 4 students:2 faculty. I felt the same way you did, was nervous going in, and immediately felt at ease. The kids in my group were more encouraging to one another, and it didn't feel super competitive or anything. I had Dr. Noronha (prgm director) and the biochem teacher and they were both relaxed, down to earth, and fun. Basically they ask you questions about why you chose the field, experiences, and other questions about yourself. Just be confident! I think they just wanna know there's more to you than just medicine, and that you have an understanding of the career path. you all have to answer each question, they just change up the order your turn is. You get to answer first, last, and in between, so try not to repeat what others have said :)

Not really any group activity, just a writing assignment beforehand. you get to sit in on a class! and get a tour with current students and eat lunch with them and your group. I enjoyed myself, and was accepted! Hope this helps---you can do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I also interviewed December 7th and haven't had a decision. I called last them last week. I know they have accepted some of the people from my interview date and from later interview dates but they told me they still haven't made a decision on some of the candidates yet. So keep hoping for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived