January 2022 Start Westfield State

Hey guys, did everyone who got their interview so far got it through the Commonwealth collaborative program? Aka graduated from a state school in MA, had a 3.5 GPA, 500+ hours, etc. I'm wondering if there are 2 interview dates like last year where the first is the commonwealth collaborative students, and the second is everyone else.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OMWtoPA said:

Hey guys, did everyone who got their interview so far got it through the Commonwealth collaborative program? Aka graduated from a state school in MA, had a 3.5 GPA, 500+ hours, etc. I'm wondering if there are 2 interview dates like last year where the first is the commonwealth collaborative students, and the second is everyone else.

I wasn’t invited for an interview but I was waitlisted for the 26th interview date and I am not part of the commonwealth collaborative! 

3 hours ago, OMWtoPA said:

I was not a part of the commonwealth collaboration and am interviewing on the 26th.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:50 AM, pahopeful12345 said:

Does anyone know what the interview style is like?

Not certain if it has changed, but for my cohort it was a combination of one-on-ones, panel, group activity and timed writing assessment (the best interview I attended by far!!) Everyone is super nice! Try to relax and have fun with it. Don’t overthink it! Remember too that everyone is nervous! Good luck!

• Like 3

On 9/7/2021 at 7:10 PM, OMWtoPA said:

I got an interview for Sept 26th and I am one of the Commonwealth collaborate canadates. I think its due to graduating from a public Massachusetts university.

36 minutes ago, MelindaT said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to answer after the interview? I know we haven’t interviewed yet but anyone know from last cycle? 

Last year, interviewed on sept 27th and heard back by October 2nd. I’d say within a week of the interview, they send out decisions.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, 1madmamma said:

Not certain if it has changed, but for my cohort it was a combination of one-on-ones, panel, group activity and timed writing assessment (the best interview I attended by far!!) Everyone is super nice! Try to relax and have fun with it. Don’t overthink it! Remember too that everyone is nervous! Good luck!

Hi! Would you mind sharing what the writing assessment was about? I am interviewing tomorrow and just trying to prepare! Thank you! 

I'm guessing it's safe to say that there are no more interview invites for tomorrow's (9/26) interview? I was holding out hope that things might change, but at this point it's looking like a clear no.  I received confirmation of my application back on 6/10 and then nothing until an email on 9/3 that stated that I was placed on the waitlist for an interview. I'm kinda sad because it feels like rejection right out of the gate. I would have met all the "Commonwealth" requirements except my undergraduate degree was completed at a private institution in MA, not public. Trying to remain positive but sometimes its tough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient2PA said:

I'm guessing it's safe to say that there are no more interview invites for tomorrow's (9/26) interview? I was holding out hope that things might change, but at this point it's looking like a clear no.  I received confirmation of my application back on 6/10 and then nothing until an email on 9/3 that stated that I was placed on the waitlist for an interview. I'm kinda sad because it feels like rejection right out of the gate. I would have met all the "Commonwealth" requirements except my undergraduate degree was completed at a private institution in MA, not public. Trying to remain positive but sometimes its tough. 

I feel the exact same way. I was hoping to hear something back after the waitlist for an interview. 😕 This is only their first round of interviews though right? The past few years they’ve had two. Either way I think we should be proud to even have made the waitlist! Good luck!

10 hours ago, jw088 said:

Hi! Would you mind sharing what the writing assessment was about? I am interviewing tomorrow and just trying to prepare! Thank you! 

I don’t remember the exact question, but it was nothing crazy. I think they want to see that you can write a logical, coherent response to a question, and to see that your writing matches that of your narrative (that you didn’t pay someone else to write it for you). Seriously though, don’t stress! I’m volunteering in the afternoon so maybe I’ll see you! Good luck!

• Like 1