Title Change and our 3 "pillars"

18 hours ago, sas5814 said:

I have been on a tear for weeks about it and have created so much havoc pushing back in the Huddle I have been warned twice and had posts deleted. Apparently I play too rough.

We will have a newsletter out in the next few days, again, reminding everyone of what is at stake and asking them to contact their HOD members. 

Huddle = crap

I tried for a few months to partake and after getting post after post deleted I left

good for you to stick with it!!   more patience then I have

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sas5814 said:

It would be nice if everyone everywhere would do the same

As a PA student I've been hesitant to enter into the debate, especially on Huddle. But it has been extremely aggravating to watch the discussions unfold. I decided to join the profession fully aware of the ridiculously outdated title, but was fully unaware of the outdated thinking that was keeping it around.

I appreciate your voice, and the voices of others that are trying to drag this profession (kicking and screaming) towards some semblance of a future. Adding my voice to that effort now.

There are plenty of lurkers here and on Huddle that are influenced by the discussion (from both sides). So even when it seems like we're screaming into the wind, it does make a difference.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LAWPA said:

As a PA student I've been hesitant to enter into the debate, especially on Huddle

I have 3 thoughts on this.

You have more skin in the game than I do because you will still need a job in 20 years. Speak out.

There are plenty of old timers who passively intimidate by quoting their lofty resume before they express their opinion. I think it is intentional and I encourage everyone to push back. When I continue to pummel them in the forum they PM me telling how bad my attitude is and how inappropriate I am. An old pilot once said "you know you are over the target when you are getting the most flak."

Your post was brilliant. Get more of your peer to jump in.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 4/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, LAWPA said:

As a PA student I've been hesitant to enter into the debate, especially on Huddle. But it has been extremely aggravating to watch the discussions unfold. I decided to join the profession fully aware of the ridiculously outdated title, but was fully unaware of the outdated thinking that was keeping it around.

I appreciate your voice, and the voices of others that are trying to drag this profession (kicking and screaming) towards some semblance of a future. Adding my voice to that effort now.

There are plenty of lurkers here and on Huddle that are influenced by the discussion (from both sides). So even when it seems like we're screaming into the wind, it does make a difference.

LAWPA, I suggest get your fellow students to speak up ASAP.  If you don't want to be stuck with this outdated title for the rest of your career, the next 20 days is the key. Tell all your friend to participate, email your state organizations about title change. Your professors, PAEA, and NCCPA will only tell you the good things, but here we keep it real. The Truth is you are not an assistant. You will have way more responsibility than your job title indicates.  You will be doing 70% of physician's work, if not 100%.  

On 4/30/2021 at 10:25 AM, sas5814 said:

There are plenty of old timers who passively intimidate by quoting their lofty resume before they express their opinion.

LOL. I've never been impressed by a physician's CV. I sure as heck won't be impressed by an assistant's CV!

Screw the lofty people in this profession. They have led us here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 4/30/2021 at 7:25 AM, sas5814 said:

I have 3 thoughts on this.

You have more skin in the game than I do because you will still need a job in 20 years. Speak out.

There are plenty of old timers who passively intimidate by quoting their lofty resume before they express their opinion. I think it is intentional and I encourage everyone to push back. When I continue to pummel them in the forum they PM me telling how bad my attitude is and how inappropriate I am. An old pilot once said "you know you are over the target when you are getting the most flak."

Your post was brilliant. Get more of your peer to jump in.

I'm with you buddy. Been holding my thumbs on the huddle because I don't want an email from the admin 😂. I said screw it and started posting there again today after reading lame decades old arguments against title change that always sounds like a rant against stroking of pro title change PA egos or wanting to usurp physicians 🤦🏻‍♂️. They always seem to forget that we need this to step forward for better legislation and job security as well as survival of our profession. I'll prob get kicked out of the huddle eventually 😂 but I've been keeping it quasi PC on my posts there. 

• Upvote 1