South University - Savannah Application Cycle 2021

I received an email stating "Thank you for applying to the South University Physician Assistant Program- Savannah Campus. Per the requirements set forth on our website, you do not meet either the overall GPA requirement (3.0) as calculated by the Central Application Service (CASPA) or the Pre-Requisite Grade (C or higher) requirement for this admissions cycle" when My GPA is above a 3.0 and I have not made below a C in any pre-rec's. Did this happen to anyone else? I do not understand...

1 hour ago, Cdtompkins said:

I received an email stating "Thank you for applying to the South University Physician Assistant Program- Savannah Campus. Per the requirements set forth on our website, you do not meet either the overall GPA requirement (3.0) as calculated by the Central Application Service (CASPA) or the Pre-Requisite Grade (C or higher) requirement for this admissions cycle" when My GPA is above a 3.0 and I have not made below a C in any pre-rec's. Did this happen to anyone else? I do not understand...

I got that email last year. This program requires you to have already graduated and received your degree from a 4 year university. If you have that already and are still confused I would email and ask, but that was my issue last year. I re-applied this year post-graduation and got the other email today about sincere consideration!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 4:39 PM, Medic2PA21 said:

Received a rejection today, so for anyone wondering they do send them out! Best of luck to you all! Hopefully we will all be colleagues one day! 

Good luck with your interview with Emory! don’t let this get you down. I’ve only interviewed at Augusta University so far. Haven’t gotten any other invites.

I just received my acceptance call! I am so excited. I know I have browsed these forums a lot, and found applicants' individual timelines to be super helpful, so here's mine:

Submitted application: 6/28/21

Application received email: 7/6/21

Interview invitation email: 8/6/21

Virtual information session/student ambassador Q&A: 8/31/21

Virtual interview (1 group interview, and 2 individual interviews): 9/1/21

Acceptance call: 9/7/21

The interviewers themselves were all very welcoming and did their best to make you feel at ease. I know it's been said plenty of times in this forum, but it really did feel like they want to get to know you more than anything else. The faculty seem to be very supportive of their students even prior to acceptance, which I really value. For anyone with an interview coming up: just be friendly, honest, and yourself!  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Teacup said:

I just received my acceptance call! I am so excited. I know I have browsed these forums a lot, and found applicants' individual timelines to be super helpful, so here's mine:

Submitted application: 6/28/21

Application received email: 7/6/21

Interview invitation email: 8/6/21

Virtual information session/student ambassador Q&A: 8/31/21

Virtual interview (1 group interview, and 2 individual interviews): 9/1/21

Acceptance call: 9/7/21

The interviewers themselves were all very welcoming and did their best to make you feel at ease. I know it's been said plenty of times in this forum, but it really did feel like they want to get to know you more than anything else. The faculty seem to be very supportive of their students even prior to acceptance, which I really value. For anyone with an interview coming up: just be friendly, honest, and yourself!  

I also was accepted yesterday! Congratulations! Do you think you will attend?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ceb0828 said:

I also was accepted yesterday! Congratulations! Do you think you will attend?  

It's tough for me to say with perfect confidence right now - I'm still waiting to hear back from quite a few programs (I may have gone a little overboard with the applications, haha). I am going to put down a deposit on this spot, though! Are you going to attend? 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:13 PM, Teacup said:

It's tough for me to say with perfect confidence right now - I'm still waiting to hear back from quite a few programs (I may have gone a little overboard with the applications, haha). I am going to put down a deposit on this spot, though! Are you going to attend? 

i’m in the same boat! i would be happy to go here but still wanting to hear back from others. 

• Like 1

I received the “still in sincere consideration” email on 8/25, and I haven’t heard from the program since. I’ve received an acceptance at another school, but I’d really like the opportunity to interview here as this is one of my top choices. Should I reach out to the program to get an update? I was verified on 6/28 and have seen that quite a few people who were verified around the same time have received interview invites and acceptance calls. Thanks!

4 hours ago, kristinkingery1 said:

For anyone who has interviewed, what should we wear to the information session on the first day of the interview? Is it an all day thing, and do I need to take off of work? 

When I interviewed the information session was at 5pm. After the information session was an opportunity to talk to current students. I wore a nice blouse and did my hair/makeup since I knew my zoom camera was going to be on. Hope that helps! 

1 minute ago, smallturtle said:

When I interviewed the information session was at 5pm. After the information session was an opportunity to talk to current students. I wore a nice blouse and did my hair/makeup since I knew my zoom camera was going to be on. Hope that helps! 

It did! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Sf1158 said:

Thanks @kristinkingery1! How was your interview experience. Any preparation advice?

I actually interview on 9/5-9/6 but I have a friend who was just accepted into the program and she said that the first day is laid back, just getting to know the school. The interviews are on Wednesday with 2 2-on-1 interviews, and 1 group interview. She said that the interview was very relaxed and seemed like the program genuinely just wanted to get to know her. 

I have been preparing for the upcoming interview and just recommend reading Savannah Perry's book on interview advice and practicing speaking in front of a camera because it feels very different than just practicing out loud!