South University - Savannah Application Cycle 2021

2 hours ago, csmpa said:

Has anyone who applied in June heard back from this school regarding interviews?

I applied like the 10-12 days after the cycle opened and got confirmation they had all my materials shortly after. Haven’t heard anything since so I’m just gonna take it as bad news lol. 

2 hours ago, Medic2PA21 said:

I applied like the 10-12 days after the cycle opened and got confirmation they had all my materials shortly after. Haven’t heard anything since so I’m just gonna take it as bad news lol. 

I was verified 6.16 but did not receive a confirmation email and have not heard anything since. 

6 hours ago, PAACC said:

Has anyone who is interviewing on the 21st received a schedule for that day yet? I know in their email they said that they would be sending a detailed schedule a little closer to time and was just seeing if anyone else has received anything yet. Thank you, good luck!

I haven’t gotten a detailed schedule yet, either! Good luck at your interview!!

On 7/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, PAACC said:

Has anyone who is interviewing on the 21st received a schedule for that day yet? I know in their email they said that they would be sending a detailed schedule a little closer to time and was just seeing if anyone else has received anything yet. Thank you, good luck!

I just received an email with an interview itinerary today! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mutation786 said:

it appears that for whatever reason this school considers June late 😰 Has anyone who received their verification in June gotten an interview? Also does anybody know how many interviews they usually send out?

I don’t believe that’s necessarily true. I have a friend who is in the program right now and he applied 2 weeks before the deadline and got an interview and was accepted. I know last years application cycle was probably a lot different with COVID but I’m sure people will still get chances even if you didn’t apply super early. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Medic2PA21 said:

I don’t believe that’s necessarily true. I have a friend who is in the program right now and he applied 2 weeks before the deadline and got an interview and was accepted. I know last years application cycle was probably a lot different with COVID but I’m sure people will still get chances even if you didn’t apply super early. 

Agreed! I know someone who graduated recently and when she interviewed, it was later in the application cycle. They told us we’d hear back by Friday of next week regarding admission. So maybe once they know how many spots they’re filling, they’ll send out the next group of interview invites. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Medic2PA21 said:

Received a rejection today, so for anyone wondering they do send them out! Best of luck to you all! Hopefully we will all be colleagues one day! 

Thank you for sharing this information. Do you mind sharing your stats if that’s okay? 

9 minutes ago, SG027 said:

Thank you for sharing this information. Do you mind sharing your stats if that’s okay? 

Yeah for sure! 

cGPA - 3.36

sGPA - 3.67

PCE - 10k+ hours as a Paramedic 

GRE - 298 (I’m assuming this is what killed me)

volunteer - 175~ in multiple positions

shadowing - 150~ in Ortho, Derm, and Cardio  

3 LORs - 2 from PAs that I shadowed and 1 from my Paramedic school director. 

I applied pretty early too. Verified 5/16. Feel like I wrote a pretty jam up personal statement too. Had it edited multiple times through my university PA advisors. 

Strange that I didn’t get an interview here though. I have an interview at Emory so far. But it is what it is! 

Edited by Medic2PA21

Anyone who applied in June get an interview/rejection? I got my 'application received' email June 14th. Trying to gauge if I'm in the running or they just haven't looked at my application yet. Also is it bad to reach out and make sure they have all my information? South U WPB asked me in May about class clarification and Savannah hasn't, I'm worried my app won't be reviewed. 

Just now, Mjf52 said:

Anyone who applied in June get an interview/rejection? I got my 'application received' email June 14th. Trying to gauge if I'm in the running or they just haven't looked at my application yet. Also is it bad to reach out and make sure they have all my information? South U WPB asked me in May about class clarification and Savannah hasn't, I'm worried my app won't be reviewed. 

I applied in June! I have not heard anything...

10 hours ago, SkyThePA said:

For those who had interviews today, how did it go? Any tips or information on how they do the interview process will be helpful! 🙂

I thought that the interview process was really great! All of the faculty were really nice and you could tell everyone both faculty and the students are really passionate about the program. One or both of your interviewers may not have reviewed your CASPA beforehand (blind interview), so I’d suggest making sure you have that info ready to update them. Both of my interviewers were nice and made the process less intimidating, and the group panel interview was more of a discussion about recent PA news/healthcare updates. 

Does anyone have any insight to how strict the grade requirements are? For example, I know a grade above a C is required. In my BIO 2 lab I received a C- and in the BIO2 class I got a B. Long story, I had a really bad relationship with my lab professor who was literally out to get me (sounds like an excuse but it was unfortunately true). He always graded very subjectively, even had some kids in our class babysit his daughter (they got As obviously). I often challenged him and so I was not on good grade terms. Needless to say, Im feeling like this is going to affect all my applications and just isn't representative of me 😞