South University - Savannah Application Cycle 2021

Hey guys! I figured I would go ahead and open up a new forum for this cycle since the CASPA application opens up in a few days!

I applied to South University Savannah last cycle and unfortunately did not get an interview, but I am hopeful this cycle, as I have increased my GRE scores and a full extra year of PCE. This will be my third cycle applying and am pretty familiar with CASPA if you guys have any questions or advice please feel free to share! Good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sf1158 said:

@kristinkingery1what are ur current GRE scores? I’m planning to take GRE this month! This will be my second cycle. Glad to see people who keep trying despite discouragement from schools!

After taking the GRE three times I physically can't take the test anymore! Haha. I made a 298, 299, and a 300. I feel pretty competitive in other areas of my application, so I'm hoping that I stand out in other areas! Good luck to you and never lose hope!

On 5/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, kristinkingery1 said:

After taking the GRE three times I physically can't take the test anymore! Haha. I made a 298, 299, and a 300. I feel pretty competitive in other areas of my application, so I'm hoping that I stand out in other areas! Good luck to you and never lose hope!

Oh my gosh, I have also taken the GRE about 3 times and finally brought it up to a 300. After that accomplishment, I tapped out as well because I am hopeful other areas can help me out too! I am also a third year applicant, but second time applying to South!! I also did not receive an interview last cycle, but hopeful after raising my GPA. Good luck to all of you all!!

Also, I have three friends who were accepted to South and attended and they LOVE it!

19 hours ago, sushicatxo said:

has anyone received a confirmation email from South? CASPA was verified 5/4 and my remaining GRE scores were received before on 4/13 before CASPA was verified. Do I need to resubmit my GRE scores?

I applied and was verified the next day. I did not get anything back from South. I applied to Charleston Southern and had a conformation email from them though the next day. I am not sure if South sends out conformation emails, this is my first cycle!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, SG027 said:

Oh my gosh, I have also taken the GRE about 3 times and finally brought it up to a 300. After that accomplishment, I tapped out as well because I am hopeful other areas can help me out too! I am also a third year applicant, but second time applying to South!! I also did not receive an interview last cycle, but hopeful after raising my GPA. Good luck to all of you all!!

Also, I have three friends who were accepted to South and attended and they LOVE it!

By any change did they also have below 50th percentile GRE? I know south university gives preference to gre above 50th percentile.

Guest medic2pa24

Hello all! 

I applied to South University Savannah this cycle but was also considering applying to the West Palm Beach campus. I remember from their virtual information session they stated that each school was a separate entity, but does anyone know if you are able to apply to different campuses without hurting your application? 

Goodluck to everyone! 

33 minutes ago, ham93 said:

Hello all! 

I applied to South University Savannah this cycle but was also considering applying to the West Palm Beach campus. I remember from their virtual information session they stated that each school was a separate entity, but does anyone know if you are able to apply to different campuses without hurting your application? 

Goodluck to everyone! 

I sure hope it doesn’t hurt! I applied to almost all of their campuses 😂😂

On 5/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, sushicatxo said:

has anyone received a confirmation email from South? CASPA was verified 5/4 and my remaining GRE scores were received before on 4/13 before CASPA was verified. Do I need to resubmit my GRE scores?

I am not sure if you need to resubmit your GRE scores or not, but if it makes you feel any better, I was verified on 5/10 and have yet to receive a confirmation email.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Medic2PA21 said:

Weird that interview invites have not been sent out yet. Even with COVID last year the 2nd round of interview invites had gone out already at this point lol. 

I know!!! I was thinking the same thing!! I know they are doing interviews July-November this year instead of June-October like last year. My only thought is that they usually give you 2 weeks heads up before interview date so maybe they will start sending out invites next week for the beginning of July interviews. 

1 hour ago, kristinkingery1 said:

I know!!! I was thinking the same thing!! I know they are doing interviews July-November this year instead of June-October like last year. My only thought is that they usually give you 2 weeks heads up before interview date so maybe they will start sending out invites next week for the beginning of July interviews. 

That does make sense! I went to a webinar 1.5 weeks after CASPA opened up, and the presenter said they already had about 600 applications to go through… So maybe it’s taking a little longer. I saw you noted you applied last year, too. Did they send you a rejection email? Or is that only if you interview and then do not get an offer?

2 minutes ago, cheyannegenovese said:

That does make sense! I went to a webinar 1.5 weeks after CASPA opened up, and the presenter said they already had about 600 applications to go through… So maybe it’s taking a little longer. I saw you noted you applied last year, too. Did they send you a rejection email? Or is that only if you interview and then do not get an offer?

600 apps after only a week and a half.... holy cow. I submitted 5/13 and thought I was pretty dang early lol.

55 minutes ago, cheyannegenovese said:

I was emailed once interviews were completed saying my application was considered competitive so they would keep it on an “interview waitlist” type thing. Then I got another email after the cohort was complete and to thank me for applying! So they do keep you in the loop somewhat! I applied mid June last year so I think I applied too late for my stats but there were people who submitted after me that got interviews. 

• Thanks 1