Northeastern PA Program 2022 Cohort

Hey guys! 

Gail here. I have my interviews next week, 28/29 but have not received any other info other than confirmation that I have accepted the interview. 

Northeastern is my top choice, mainly because I went there for undergrad and know that they have great programs. From what I remember from my earlier days, NEU really prides themselves on global experiences and diversity so definitely planning on that being the the bulk of my interview strategy.

How is everyone else preparing? 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrePA88888 said:

Did it mention how long each interview was going to last? Thanks and good luck!

It said 15 minutes each! Which makes me nervous because I feel like I will only have 1 minute to respond to each question. Unless anyone has had an interview that short do you think you could mention how long you had to respond?

2 minutes ago, prepa909090 said:

Best of luck to you! I have my interview next week so this definitely helped ease some nerves! Any advice for the interview itself? Were they pretty common questions? Any surprise questions? Thanks so much! 

this sounds cliche but honestly just  be yourself! Some questions we're pretty common like: tell me about yourself, why PA, etc. One question I wasn't expecting as much was asking about social media so I  definitely had to come up with a response on the spot haha

• Like 1

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I’ve yet to receive a rejection or invite email and am starting to get concerned since it says on the website they would be sending invites throughout October. I know the month isn’t over but it’s getting down to the wire. I also received an email after my $75 application fee processed and on that email it said “you will be notified of your application status between mid-September and the beginning of December”. I wonder if more invites will go out after some interviews have been done but I’m not sure. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Keyes1493 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? I’ve yet to receive a rejection or invite email and am starting to get concerned since it says on the website they would be sending invites throughout October. I know the month isn’t over but it’s getting down to the wire. I also received an email after my $75 application fee processed and on that email it said “you will be notified of your application status between mid-September and the beginning of December”. I wonder if more invites will go out after some interviews have been done but I’m not sure. 

Interesting!

My email said “Your verified CASPA application and $75 application fee or CASPA waiver or Northeastern Senior/Alum status have been received by the NortheasternUniversity Physician Assistant Program.”

Nothing about application status timeline.

32 minutes ago, MPAPA said:

Interesting!

My email said “Your verified CASPA application and $75 application fee or CASPA waiver or Northeastern Senior/Alum status have been received by the NortheasternUniversity Physician Assistant Program.”

Nothing about application status timeline.

Sorry, I should clarify. There was some confusion about my fee. I received one email that said it was received and another that said they were still waiting on it. That said, I emailed admissions to clarify and make sure they had my fee and everything was good to go. When they emailed me back they ensured me the fee was received and I was good to go! At the end of their response email was the information about being notified of my status between mid-September and the beginning of December. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone. Just thought it was interesting because that’s obviously not the information on their website but could explain why I haven’t heard anything back yet. (See below)  B79113BC-0F49-44FF-81DB-C2AF40C9B17E.thumb.jpeg.67b2eaac62cd7dabd1087aba2e17d5db.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyes1493 said:

Sorry, I should clarify. There was some confusion about my fee. I received one email that said it was received and another that said they were still waiting on it. That said, I emailed admissions to clarify and make sure they had my fee and everything was good to go. When they emailed me back they ensured me the fee was received and I was good to go! At the end of their response email was the information about being notified of my status between mid-September and the beginning of December. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone. Just thought it was interesting because that’s obviously not the information on their website but could explain why I haven’t heard anything back yet. (See below)  B79113BC-0F49-44FF-81DB-C2AF40C9B17E.thumb.jpeg.67b2eaac62cd7dabd1087aba2e17d5db.jpeg

Thanks for clarifying! That makes sense. 
https://bouve.northeastern.edu/physician-assistant/ms/admissions-tuition/ I also found the “admissions process” tab on their website and it does state “Interviews will be conducted virtually and are usually scheduled in mid-October. ” which is worrisome…

But there may still be a chance for an interview in early November if they take 3-4 weeks to give decisions and final decisions aren’t until early December. 

Applicants will be notified of their final status by early December. ” 

3 hours ago, MPAPA said:

Do you know when the final interview dates are? The end of October dates or did they give a general timeline of when last interviews will happen?

I believe during yesterday's interview session they said they are interviewing one more group on October 28/29 and then the admissions committee will meet and notify those interviewed of their status. There were around 80-90 applicants interviewed yesterday and they did not make it seem as they were offering more dates beyond October 28/29, but I am not 100% certain. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1