Northeastern PA Program 2022 Cohort

On 10/9/2021 at 8:13 AM, KaylaKupstas said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! Would anyone who did get an interview offer mind sharing their stats? 

Yea sure! I feel like stats don't indicate too much because I've known so many people with my stats that didn't get invites or others who had "worse" stats and did get invites! So don't let that make u nervous!!!

btw I'm a 5th year nursing major

GPA: 3.9

PCE: 3300 (as a PCT in a variety of units: NICU, ortho, med/surg)

HCE: 100 (as a UCO as the NICU)

shadowing: 40 hrs (2 PAs, 1 RN, 1 MD)

volunteer: I can't remember but I don't think it was more than 100

LOR: 1 from my patho/nursing professor, 1 from an RN i work with, 1 from a PA I shadowed, 1 from my nurse manager

• Like 1

I also agree that stats don't indicate much because I got rejected to a lot of schools (4/7). 

My application was verified and and received by Northeastern on July 9th. 

My GPA is 3.8 (both science and non-science)

PCE/ HCE: around 2500 hours

volunteer: over 300 hours

I have years of experince as a leader, teaching, restaurant work!

I also did research for about 1.5 years. 

All my letters of recommendations were from my professors. 

No shadowing experince. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bahpa242 said:

Has anyone received a confirmation email once they submitted the rsvp? I ended up doing it twice because the first time i did it i had a bad connection and wasnt sure if it actually went through. 😪

No confirmation for me either and from last years thread, it seems like they don’t sent anything until a couple days before your interview. 

Hello everyone, I also have an interview on Oct 28-29, have not heard back after confirming my assistance. 

Does anyone want to go over possible questions they may ask, or share how they are preparing for the interview process. Any information we can share would help us all. Thanks !

I just saw on a Facebook PA group that this program doesn’t accept LORs from clinicians that you’ve shadowed. I have not been able to find this anywhere on their website, even though this individual said that’s where they read it. Is anyone able to confirm or deny this? Did anyone who received an interview have a LOR from someone they shadowed? Where on their website do they say this because I’ve been looking for 20 minutes and just can’t find it. I would be very disappointed if this is true as I did not see this, or any information regarding LOR requirements, prior to applying. 

On 10/15/2021 at 9:28 PM, PAsandPugs said:

Maybe they meant that in the context of two of the letters having to be clinical and their site says shadowing doesn’t count for clinical experience. But if you have two other recs from working in healthcare, you’d be fine! @mar111

How would this work out if you shadowed someone that you also worked with clinically? I can’t imagine that claim is true, especially if it can’t be found on the website.

1 hour ago, PAsandPugs said:

I was just referencing that two letters have to be clinical from their website and (separately on another part of the pa site) that shadowing is not clinical. But again, I have no idea if that translates into what that other person said. Besides, if you worked with someone clinically and listed them as such, then you would be fine anyway! I doubt anyone would put shadowing as that supervisors role over the clinical capacity you knew them in. I’m sure it’s all fine and a lot simpler than its being made to seem 🙂 

I ended up finding what the person was talking about and I think you may be right. My other two letters are from a Doctor I work with, and my supervisor from my PCE job, and both of their positions are clinical. So I think I’m okay with having one from a PA I shadowed since my other two are from clinicians I didn’t shadow.