MGH Institute of Health Professions 2022 Cohort

On 1/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, d0nutd0n said:

Hi!

I am so sorry for the late response. We had our finals and we went straight into vacation mode.

I believe that $2500 is an arbitrary number as it seems that majority of the second-year students are all doing their clinicals within driving distance of Boston. However, there were some students that opted to do clinicals in other states. Housing is not arranged for us and we do have to cover the cost ourselves. Because of this, us first-years have thought about downsizing to a smaller apartment or even possibly moving further away from the city to save money in the scenario we have to find housing for clinicals. 

Thanks for letting me know! Also, do you think that having a car during didactic year is necessary? The car market is horrible right now (20-40% markup) and will be for at least another six months, so I’d like to wait it out if possible.

3 hours ago, Thundercoco said:

Thanks for letting me know! Also, do you think that having a car during didactic year is necessary? The car market is horrible right now (20-40% markup) and will be for at least another six months, so I’d like to wait it out if possible.

I don't think so! It's nice to have a car but definitely not necessary. The closest T stop is North Station which is about a 15-20 minute walk, but we have a shuttle that runs from campus to the station. Some of my classmates live in Charlestown within walking distance to campus. 

1 hour ago, d0nutd0n said:

I don't think so! It's nice to have a car but definitely not necessary. The closest T stop is North Station which is about a 15-20 minute walk, but we have a shuttle that runs from campus to the station. Some of my classmates live in Charlestown within walking distance to campus. 

This is really good to know, thank you! I've been sweating a little bit over these car prices haha. 

Lastly, do you have any insight into whether it would be helpful to live with another PA student? I think relative academic, sleep, and fitness schedule alignment could be nice. However, finding the right roommate is equally as important.

Thanks for answering all my questions - I like to plan in advance so I can hit the ground running!

1 hour ago, Thundercoco said:

This is really good to know, thank you! I've been sweating a little bit over these car prices haha. 

Lastly, do you have any insight into whether it would be helpful to live with another PA student? I think relative academic, sleep, and fitness schedule alignment could be nice. However, finding the right roommate is equally as important.

Thanks for answering all my questions - I like to plan in advance so I can hit the ground running!

I pm'd you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...