MGH Institute of Health Professions 2022 Cohort

35 minutes ago, d0nutd0n said:

Hello everyone! 

First year MGH PA-S here. I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone! And to those on the waitlist, don't lose hope! We had several people join our cohort in the days leading up to matriculation. If anyone has any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask!  

Hello! Including cost of living, how much do you think the approximate cost of attendance will be? I've calculated it to the range of 137-145K but I'm not sure if that's correct.  I'm deciding between MGH and another program that costs around 122-126k, and I'm wondering if MGH has anything that would make that extra cost worth it. Thanks!

Edited by Thundercoco

5 minutes ago, Thundercoco said:

Hello! Including cost of living, how much do you think the approximate cost of attendance will be? I've calculated it to the range of 137-145K but I'm not sure if that's correct.  I'm deciding between MGH and another program that costs around 122-126k, and I'm wondering if MGH has anything that would make that extra cost worth it. Thanks!

Hi! I would say your estimate is accurate. The cost of living in Boston really varies depending on which neighborhood you're in. If you're sharing an apartment, a bedroom could cost you anywhere between $800-1300 per month. I chose MGH because I really liked the flipped classroom model and TBL approach. Also, Boston is a great place to live but that's subjective. I would compare the curriculum, what resources are available, and clinical affiliations to help make that decision. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jorgjinikopulli said:

Waitlisted. Fourth year applying. Haven't been accepted to any other program. 

Something Lisa said at the end of the interviews really stuck with me-she said even if we aren’t accepted to this one, we WILL get in somewhere. You’ll get there, stick with it. I know many people who didn’t get in until 5 or 6 cycles. If you’re passionate about it, you WILL succeed!!! Don’t give up, friend! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2