Do schools care where I took pre-reqs?

Hello PA Forum,

I have the opportunity to take a pre-req over the summer at a CC while attending a 4 year university. I think this would be a good idea because it would be the only class I would be taking during this time so I could focus on it and get a high grade. Would PA schools put alot of importance on whether I took it over the summer at a CC or at my 4 year during fall or spring? Enrollment is coming very soon and I do not want to make a bad decision, especially for a pre-req. 

13 minutes ago, Kalebmi20 said:

Hello PA Forum,

I have the opportunity to take a pre-req over the summer at a CC while attending a 4 year university. I think this would be a good idea because it would be the only class I would be taking during this time so I could focus on it and get a high grade. Would PA schools put alot of importance on whether I took it over the summer at a CC or at my 4 year during fall or spring? Enrollment is coming very soon and I do not want to make a bad decision, especially for a pre-req. 

Shouldn't matter as long as you get a decent grade and everything else on your app looks good. I took a good amount of my pre-reqs at a two different CCs and it didn't affect me. Some schools that look at academics more closely might not love it but in general I'd say it shouldn't make a difference. Again, just try to be well rounded.