Keiser University- Master of Science in PA Studies

Thank you for your information about the program.I see that you already got accepted. Congratulations. I'm very excited that I got an interview and a bit anxious. Can't wait to go and meet the faculty and maybe their students. How is their interview? Any suggestions or tips?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I interviewed there Nov 14th...still haven't heard. Soooooo stressed. Here's how it went for me:

Stats -

GPA - 3.01

Sci GPS - 3.6

HCE - 4,000 hrs

Volunteer - 200 hrs in Phys Therapy/Occu Therapy

Shadowing - 10 hrs in the OR with a MD, 15 hrs with a PA (actively shadowing)

Ref - 2 MD's, 1 DO, and 1 PA

Interview was just as described above, 3 parts. Ethical group discussion (I think i did very well), Written answer (I think i did very well), and Individual interview (Worried!)

They asked me a lot about my grades. I graduated with a 2.7 and went back to school for 55 credit hours in pre-req's holding a 3.5 the whole time. They also asked me a lot about what a PA does, how they work, and got very specific (Can they operate? Does the Dr have to be in the room with them or not? ext ext).

I was not expecting the Individual interview to be that intense, but i was just honest and answered the best i could.

Hopefully i hear soon!

Hey I interviewed on 10/18. I have stats very similar to yours. I graduated with a 2.75 and then took over several classes maintaining a 3.5. I know they recalculate the GPAs at Keiser and my recalculated grades were much better. I also have worked in healthcare for the past few years as a tech in an ED so I have plenty of experience. I thought the individual interview was pretty intense also. They asked me alot about my grades. Unfortunately, I was not accepted. I thought I would have at least been waitlisted. I called today to ask for some feedback and what I could do to improve my chances next year. I was told the admission committee will not provide feedback. I was basically told just to apply earlier next year since your ranked from the beginning of the process against all others who have applied before you. Such a bummer! Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interview was so relaxed! The faculty was really great and did not try to intimidate or trick.

1. 7 in a group and 4 people interviewing you

2 Group ethical discussion

3. essay, kind of a what would you do in this situation

4. one on ones - the usual interview questions about the career, and some off the wall situation questions.

Also a few current students came and hung out with us and let us ask questions. They were totally honest, friendly, very helpful. Seem like they love the program.

The facilities are great for being a small school.

Thank you! Now the waiting game starts :/

Good luck to you!

Archived