Keiser University- Master of Science in PA Studies

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied to Kesier for the Jan 2014 start, and I'm just wondering how long it took for you guys to get an email/call for an interview after your application was under review? I've spoke to them quite often because of a recommendation letter, and the counselor said they're trying to do as many interviews before their deadline..trying to keep my fingers crossed for an interview.

I didnt get in last year (I posted on Nov 27th last year about my interview)

I reapplied and got in. Interviewed with the first group for this year on 6/18 with 2 other very nice women.

They told me i'd hear in 2-4 weeks, called me 13 days later to accept me.

Anyone else starting this coming January? Ready to meet classmates and look in to housing.

Also, im happy to answer any questions having interviewed twice here (rejected once and accepted once so im familiar with the whole process either way). Im excited about starting so ill probably check on here fairly often and respond quickly.

thanks! Im on the waitlist and Im eagerly waiting!!

Dont worry. Many students get in from the waiting list. I do know they will still be interviewing patients towards the end of November and their class starts beginning of January, so i'd assume end of November/Beginning of December would be the end of the interviews for them.

does anyone have any advice for an interview at keiser? i'm interviewing in august, and any advice would be helpful!

There are 3 parts to the interview:

Part 1 - Group Problem Solving

They present a hypothetical question, you discuss it as a group in front of the 3-4 interviewers as they watch silent. Hospital experience (especially ER for me) was a big big help here because i knew how things worked and what to do in certain situations.

Part 2 - Same as part 1 only solo and written

You get another question, you answer in essay format. Pretty simple.

Part 3 - 1-on-1 interview

3-4 interviewers talk to you in a room. 1st time i interviewed it went bad and they asked me some tough questions. 2nd time i went there i was more relaxed so was the interview. Just feel comfortable with your strength and be ready to talk about any weaknesses (But dont make excuses). Dont sound robotic, answer genuinely and just be yourself.

ah i am so scared & nervous...I'm not sure how to prep, but I'll try my hardest to prep with the things you said

You'll do fine. Nikki is real nice and she'll show you around. She is very friendly and will help calm your nerves. You get to meet some of the current students and ask them questions and they tell you what it's like going to school there. While the interviewers can be tough, they will acknowledge the fact that they are interviewing you means they like what you have going for you and they really just want to see how you respond under pressure i think. All nice people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived