Keiser University- Master of Science in PA Studies

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Its good to hear from someone else who is also interested in the school because I don't hear much talk about it. I'm a little nervous though, because I'm not sure what they look at in your application the most. Do you know any graduates from the program?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually interviewed with them earlier this week. I felt like I went in there totally blind because I don't know anyone there and I couldn't really find much information from it online. It seems like an ok place, but I really wish I could get a better feel of it from talking with more students.

There were about 8 of us that interviewed. When you get in there is an ethical question you have to answer as a group and then another ethical question you have to individually write out the answer to. Then you go one by one to interview (there were three professors I interviewed with) for about 15 minutes. They ask you typical interview questions, nothing too crazy. Just be calm, be confident, and know exactly why you are there. You'll do fine!

well i can def tell you my stats are not good compared to most applicants however i do have a masters so i'm sure that is what helped balance out my lower undergraduate gpa..so i can tell you from the bat that they want to know what kind of person you are (if you have empathy and what not) and if you're meant to be in the PA field. They conducted a discussion session then individual interviews with each of us which entailed why we wanted to be a PA and all the generic questions that you should be prepared for any PA interview. I thought the school provided an awesome atmosphere and was highly professional. They all seem like very friendly individuals that are there to help. Overall it was a great experience and I'm ready the challenge! :=D:

• 3 weeks later...

I have an interview in two weeks and have not been able to find any info about this program in the forum. For those of you who are applying or that already applied, is anyone concern with the fact that the program is new and that its first class had a 71% pass rate on the PANCE?

and if there are any current students enrolled in the porgram can you please share your experiences with us about the program and faculty. Thanks

Hello!!! Yes it is a new program, but after talking with some of their students, this is actually a good thing as well! they said they value their students feedback, so pretty much they work with the students to see what is working and what is not working to make sure things improve. Now for their passing rate, I think at the end is up to you, you have to prepare yourself, yes the program is a big factor but if you do your part and you prepare for your boards I am extremely sure you will do great (this has also been the answer for several PAs that I have shadowed in the past.. all 5 of them from different schools).

Archived