Thoughts on which of these colleges for pre-PA/PA studies?

hi everyone! I'm a high school senior and I’ve been accepted into Chapman University, Drexel University, and Seton Hall University for direct entry physician assistant studies. Between these choices, does anyone have any thoughts on which is the best option for a future career as a PA. All thoughts are welcome 🙂 thanks! 

Edited by Belwa

2 hours ago, Belwa said:

hi everyone! I'm a high school senior and I'm planning to attend one of the following schools for PA: Boston University, Chapman University, Drexel University, Pepperdine University, or Seton Hall University . Does anyone have any thoughts on which is the best option for a future career as a PA? All thoughts are welcome 🙂 thanks! 

Welcome! Take some to look around in the individual forums and do some searching around for those schools. 

Some general principles:

• In my opinion, the best school is the one that you can afford, will accept you, and will give you a "C" after you graduate (meaning PA-C). 
  • The older programs generally have better, more well established clinical rotations (arguably the most important part of PA school). 
  • Again, my opinion, but you won't really know how you fit at a school until you interview there. If a school interests you and it is feasible to go there, apply and see if you can get an interview to see what it is really like.
  • Where you go pre-PA doesn't really matter. Lots of good advice on that. Degree doesn't matter either.

You have a long time to go. Spend some time reading on here, do some shadowing, gain some healthcare experience. Good luck!

I would recommend that you get your undergrad degree in something that would lead to a job you would enjoy if you change your mind about becoming a PA. (Just make sure you take the PA prerequisites while you're there.) Also at a school that has lots of other majors as students often change their majors during their undergrad years.

@TheFatMan@UGoLong Thank you so much for your input--it's very helpful and greatly appreciated. I've edited my question a little bit for specificity. I've been admitted into Drexel University, Chapman University, and Seton Hall University for direct entry physician assistant studies. Do you have any thoughts or info about any of these three schools/which is the best option of the three? Thank you! 

Edited by Belwa

@Belwa Can't speak about those schools specifically, I guess. I'm sure they're all great. I'd say go with your gut and whichever program you felt the most comfortable with.

Some good advice I got a long time ago. If you ever need to make a tough decision, go on a long drive by yourself. Radio off. Just your thoughts. You'll figure it out.