Chem 2 at Doane

I am considering taking chem 2 at Doane and curious to hear people’s experiences. I have recently heard some bad things about the course which makes me wonder if I should take it somewhere else. I took Biochem at Doane and it was great so I would love to hear from people who have taken chem 2 please! 

I am currently taking Chem 2 (I took Chem 1 also) and it has been fine. The professor is extremely strict with deadlines, with absolutely no exceptions. With that said, he is an extremely generous grader. There is not an overwhelming amount of work and there are no proctored quizzes or exams. From what I have heard, the professor isn't very helpful if you are confused about the material, so a lot of it is teaching yourself. As long as you do the work and get it done on time, you will be fine! 

I am also taking Chem 2 at Doane right now.  Agree with everything AD222 said above.  I would only add that there are times when I really don't have a deep understanding of the material and that makes me a little nervous should it ever come up again.  It is completely teaching oneself.  As for the deadlines, there are EXTREMELY strict.  I had a family illness to deal with one week and he gave no leniency for ANY REASON.  I stayed up until midnight, (exhausted) and turned my work in with minutes to spare.