Moderate Sedation by PA's

Are there an PA's out there who are privileged in using moderate sedation, i.e., versed?  I've worked in IR for the past 14 years and there has been a lot of question whether to grant PA's privileges in using moderate sedation for procedures.  I'm looking for either articles, studies, or other PA's who can testify to having similar privileges.  Any support would help in me gaining the privileges.  Thanks!

I've got privileges. The credentialing process was ridiculous, reading a grainy printed out powerpoint followed by a 10 Q quiz.

Old job has several online modules and then a visit to the OR where you had to bag multiple patients under anesthesia supervision.

Pretty shocked you don't have it, especially in IR. Nothing takes the edge off a patient while that Trialysis rams its way in like 50 and 2!

Edited by MediMike
Phrasing

On 4/3/2021 at 10:47 AM, MediMike said:

I've got privileges. The credentialing process was ridiculous, reading a grainy printed out powerpoint followed by a 10 Q quiz.

Old job has several online modules and then a visit to the OR where you had to bag multiple patients under anesthesia supervision.

Pretty shocked you don't have it, especially in IR. Nothing takes the edge off a patient while that Trialysis rams its way in like 50 and 2!

Thank you.  Can you tell me where I might access this powerpoint and get this 10 Q quiz?  The only thing we use is Versed, sometimes benedryl.  I've been using the combo of Fentanyl and Versed for 14 years.  Only recently a pesky nurse identified a one sentence statement in the hospital policy that states an attending has to be present when ordering the Versed.  A board will be meeting in two weeks to consider revising the policy to allow a PA order the Versed during a procedure.  Also, would you be willing to tell me the hospital you work at so that the board can see that another hospital allows a PA to order conscious sedation?