Non-Clinical jobs for PA's?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what if any non-clinical jobs PA-C's would be qualified to perform? A friend of mine got his mba and now works for a large medial equipment company making $300k+ but works incredibly hard. Money isn't the issue either, so any suggestions would be welcomed. Teaching perhaps? Also, please leave the judgmental comments at the door. Thanks!

The t-system corp uses em pa's to help design and streamline their emr system.

lots of pa's work in eduction both for pa's as well as other health professions(medic school, etc).

some pa's teach basic sciences. a pa with an mph can do public health work. pa's with at least an ms can work for the cdc on their epidemiology service.

The t-system corp uses em pa's to help design and streamline their emr system.

lots of pa's work in eduction both for pa's as well as other health professions(medic school, etc).

some pa's teach basic sciences. a pa with an mph can do public health work. pa's with at least an ms can work for the cdc on their epidemiology service.

The point however being that you need additional education besides your PA-C. Research positions will at the minimum require an MS degree, public health will require MPH, most admin jobs will require an MBA or MHA.

The PA-C itself is still generally thought of as only a clinical degree. Ironically, the MD/DO is ALSO only a clinical degree, but they have somehow convinced everyone that they can pursue other avenues as well.

BTW, this does NOT mean that you cannot find an occasional admin type job that won't require additional training, but the majority will.

Good suggestions, I appreciate the input. I have found our PA-C to be predominately clinical as well, I was just wondering if any other paths are available to us. Thanks again, and thanks for not judging!

Not judging at all. I think that we need to get a lot of PA's into NON-clinical roles, especially in admin situations, where they can help to advance the profession as a whole. We need balance. Predominately clinical, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

Not judging at all. I think that we need to get a lot of PA's into NON-clinical roles, especially in admin situations, where they can help to advance the profession as a whole. We need balance. Predominately clinical, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

agreed.....

Archived