Have anyone took online organic chemistry at MCPHS university

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 2:57 AM, PrePAMC said:

I was wondering did anyone take the online organic chemistry class at MCPHS university and what was it like ? Was it easy or hard? Trying to decide between Doane university or MCPHS. I heard Doane is not self paced but a lot of help can be found on chegg . 

Wondering the exact same thing

On 3/30/2021 at 4:57 AM, PrePAMC said:

I was wondering did anyone take the online organic chemistry class at MCPHS university and what was it like ? Was it easy or hard? Trying to decide between Doane university or MCPHS. I heard Doane is not self paced but a lot of help can be found on chegg . 

A cousin took that class and she told me that it wasn't that hard as many people think. However, I suppose this is something that depends on everyone's own studying method.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This course is absurd. When you pay a thousand dollars for a class, you reserve the right to have certain expectations of the content, professors, administrators, etc.

The lectures are horribly disorganized. They jump all over the place with no real order and a ripe with typos and misspellings. I had to hire a tutor to help me with this course, and she was disgusted at the quality of information. One of the first things she said on the day we met is “no wonder you dont understand any of this, its being taught to you in the wrong order.” It was frustrating and disheartening, to say the least.

The next, and perhaps most frustrating part of this course, was the quizzes and tests. They have TONS of typos and mistakes. It makes it confusing and super stressful to navigate. You get your grade back without knowing which questions you got right and which were wrong. If you reach out to the professor regarding specifics, he will not respond. He will also not respond if you are confused on a topic, find a mistake on the exam, need clarity on a homework assignment. You will absolutely never get a response, which is really tough sometimes. I would reach out to the school administrators to try and get help (which was annoying and a waste of time) but that would get my professor to respond. Eventually , however, the administrator stopped responding to my emails and I was left 100% in the dark for a class I spent a grand on. That is just a sign of a hugely broken system and a pathetic institutional standard. Do not waste your time with this class. There is no real learning to be done. You will be stressed and confused. If you work your absolute hardest, you will often receive a poor grade regardless because there are a lot of mistakes in the tests and quizzes. My professor fixed a few of these (he would acknowledge the mistake and fix it within the quiz or test), but I can guarantee there were others (I can count at least 3 typos from my final alone) and it just sucks to work your hardest and it doesn’t even matter. The educators at MCPHS couldn’t care less about the online students (the Professor told me he had 300 students and just simply could not help me). If you are looking for deep, true learning, this is not the course for you. Take your time and money elsewhere, with the hope that hard work and studying will pay off in your knowledge and your grades. Their system is broken and purely a money making endeavor.

• 4 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, jlb45533 said:

This course is absurd. When you pay a thousand dollars for a class, you reserve the right to have certain expectations of the content, professors, administrators, etc.

The lectures are horribly disorganized. They jump all over the place with no real order and a ripe with typos and misspellings. I had to hire a tutor to help me with this course, and she was disgusted at the quality of information. One of the first things she said on the day we met is “no wonder you dont understand any of this, its being taught to you in the wrong order.” It was frustrating and disheartening, to say the least.

The next, and perhaps most frustrating part of this course, was the quizzes and tests. They have TONS of typos and mistakes. It makes it confusing and super stressful to navigate. You get your grade back without knowing which questions you got right and which were wrong. If you reach out to the professor regarding specifics, he will not respond. He will also not respond if you are confused on a topic, find a mistake on the exam, need clarity on a homework assignment. You will absolutely never get a response, which is really tough sometimes. I would reach out to the school administrators to try and get help (which was annoying and a waste of time) but that would get my professor to respond. Eventually , however, the administrator stopped responding to my emails and I was left 100% in the dark for a class I spent a grand on. That is just a sign of a hugely broken system and a pathetic institutional standard. Do not waste your time with this class. There is no real learning to be done. You will be stressed and confused. If you work your absolute hardest, you will often receive a poor grade regardless because there are a lot of mistakes in the tests and quizzes. My professor fixed a few of these (he would acknowledge the mistake and fix it within the quiz or test), but I can guarantee there were others (I can count at least 3 typos from my final alone) and it just sucks to work your hardest and it doesn’t even matter. The educators at MCPHS couldn’t care less about the online students (the Professor told me he had 300 students and just simply could not help me). If you are looking for deep, true learning, this is not the course for you. Take your time and money elsewhere, with the hope that hard work and studying will pay off in your knowledge and your grades. Their system is broken and purely a money making endeavor.

Were the tests and quizzes proctored at MCPHS?