Mercer PA Class of 2024 ACCEPTED

Hey, I'm Caitlyn! I'm currently a senior at the University of Georgia, but originally from Michigan, and will be attending Mercer's PA program. I am super excited and can't wait to meet y'all! I am in the process of looking for housing near Mercer if anyone is in the same boat. Also, my instagram is caitlyndziuba and I would love to get to know people before January comes around.

• Like 1

Haha, dang, you beat me to starting this thread! I'm Jordon King, originally from Seattle but living in Houston for the last 6 years. I moved here for grad school initially, then had to stick around while my girlfriend finishes residency. I'm currently working as a research coordinator. We'll be moving to Atlanta in July (yay for getting out of here before "peak" hurricane season), and I think we've found a very promising apartment about 12-15 minutes from campus. Feel free to connect on FB/Instagram. I'm excited to get to know y'all before the insanity starts next year! 

My name is Caitlyn Beeman and I graduated from the University of Florida in May 2020. I moved back home to St Petersburg, FL and have been working here as a patient care technician at a local hospital. I think I am also going to be moving to ATL in July so I can get to know the area before starting school in January. Once we get a decent number of people on here let’s get a GroupMe started!

• Like 1

Hey y'all! My name is John Harkins and I graduated from GCSU! I'm from and currently live in Perry, GA. I plan to continue working my current job until later this year and then moving up to Atlanta. I would love to get to know as much people as possible before classes start. We should definitely get a GroupMe up and going. I look forward to meeting everyone! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!! My name is Emily Boehlein and I graduated from Southeastern University in Lakeland FL this past December! I'm currently living in New Hampshire and working as a resident aide at an assisted living facility and I'm so excited to meet everyone too!! My instagram is emily_boehlein and congrats again to everyone for getting accepted!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm Mohan.  I currently live in North Dakota working as an athletic trainer in orthopedics. I graduated from the University of Michigan in 2020. Before that, I grew up in Beijing. If anyone would like to connect, my instagram is mohan_dong or you can find me on fb. I love the GroupMe idea and can't wait to get to know you guys!!!

Edited by Mohan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My name is Erika Sheng and I graduated from Georgia Tech in May 2020. I am currently working as a medical assistant in a dermatology clinic. I was born and raised in Georgia, so let me know if you need any recommendations on anything! I LOVE to travel, hike and explore so please let me know if you want an adventure buddy :) Add me on instagram @erikasheng or Facebook: Erika Sheng and I would l love to connect with you all! Congratulations again everyone and can't wait to meet everyone! 

Hi everyone! My name is Emma Tierney and I graduated from Virginia Tech in 2019. I am currently working as a scribe at an orthopedic clinic but worked as a PCT for over 2 years before this. I've lived in Virginia my whole life so I am going to be new to the area! I would love any recommendations for things to do near campus/ places to look for apartments! I'm trying to plan a weekend trip to the area in the next month or so :)

Have we started a groupme? My instagram is @emmtierney. I am SO excited to get to know everyone and start this journey together! 

Hey y'all! For those of you already around Atlanta, do you know of any temp job opportunities? We'll be moving there at the end of June. I was hoping to just continue working for my current job remotely, but the department has run into budget issues so that's probably not going to work out. Any info you have would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Vivie, I'm originally from NJ but have been living in Atlanta since I graduated from Emory in 2018. I currently work as a scribe/MA for an ortho spine doc. I know my way around the Greater Atlanta pretty well so hit me up if you're feeling overwhelmed with moving out here. My Ig is @viva037 if you wanna connect there (please DM me first)!

Also I made a groupme since everyone seems on board, please join!

Hi everyone! 
My name is Kellie, and I’ll be attending Mercer’s PA program starting in January. I’m originally from Atlanta but moved to St. Augustine, FL with my family a few years ago. I graduated from Mercer in 2020 and am currently working in a hospital as a CNA on a post-surgical floor. I’m super excited to get to know y’all! My Instagram is @kellie_elise. I’m also looking for a roommate to live in the Lofts if anybody is interested!! 

• Upvote 1

Hey y’all! I’m Amanda Kelley and I’m accepted as well. I’m from Leesburg, GA a small town in southwest Georgia. I just graduated from UGA and am a certified athletic trainer. I’ll be in Athens this summer and can ride over to Atlanta if anyone is visiting and wants some company :) my insta is @amanda_kelley_17. So excited to meet y’all !! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am just now seeing these, my name is Lauren Adams! I am accepted and will be seeing you all in January! I am a 22 years old and from Gainesville, GA. I got my hours mostly by being a medical assistant at an Urgent Care. I graduated from Oglethorpe University in Atlanta this year and will be moving back to Atlanta. I will also need a roommate (or 2). I graduated with a biology degree and a concentration in public health. I have lived in Brookhaven for 4 years so I do know some of the apartments around that area and will also need to look more directly around Mercer as well. I would love to get to know y'all and make some friends before we start. My instagram is laurenadams_13 and I'd love to connect with you all. :) 

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone! 

My name is Stefie Tokpah! I am from North Carolina and graduated last year from NC State! I am 22 years old and currently working as a medical assistant at a dermatology clinic. If anyone has any recommendations on where to live, please let me know! I am also looking for a roommate! My instagram is stefietokpah_.  So excited to meet you guys!! :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, my name is Nabriya. 

First and foremost, congratulations on all of you guys acceptances and thank you for starting this forum because it helps students that are still in undergrad tremendously. 

I am a sophomore at Savannah State University and I actually have a few questions. I know the application cycle open Nov.-March, I think of the previous year. My expected graduation year is May 2023. So when should I start applying to start Jan. 2024 ? November of year 2022? 

Also, I wanted to make sure I am on the right track. I will be a licensed pharmacy tech and accrue about 500 hours from that this upcoming Oct, but this spring I start my MA (medical assistant) courses, to accrue more hours using that certification. I am planning to take my first GRE this upcoming Nov. just to see where I am at and if I need additional practice. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...