Is this a good PA program

• 2 months later...

Hi! I’m a current student at Dominican.

Here are my thoughts on this program:

I love it! It’s a small program (30 of us in our cohort), so it’s intimate and I feel like I know my classmates and professors very well. It’s a 24 month program so it’s VERY intense.

Dominican is a newer program, but it’s a great program and has continued accreditation. Our curriculum is very comprehensive, we have great resources to lean, and our professors are experts in their field (we have PAs, Pharm Ds, and MDs in our faculty). For anatomy, we have 4 prosected cadavers and 2 anatomage tables. For clinical skills we have clinical rooms upstairs where we do our patient encounter exams and OSCE’s. They recently remodeled the basement into a simulation center with ICU rooms, ER rooms, and a big triage area. 

I chose this program because of the resources and also the location. It’s in River Forest, which is a beautiful suburb and is close to downtown Chicago. A bunch of us actually around the loop. It’s definitely nice to live by the city. There’s a lot to do here!

I think Dominican is a great program! I definitely couldn’t imagine myself anywhere else 🙂

Edited by Pros1698

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, Pros1698 said:

Hi! I’m a current student at Dominican.

Here are my thoughts on this program:

I love it! It’s a small program (30 of us in our cohort), so it’s intimate and I feel like I know my classmates and professors very well. It’s a 24 month program so it’s VERY intense.

Dominican is a newer program, but it’s a great program and has continued accreditation. Our curriculum is very comprehensive, we have great resources to lean, and our professors are experts in their field (we have PAs, Pharm Ds, and MDs in our faculty). For anatomy, we have 4 prosected cadavers and 2 anatomage tables. For clinical skills we have clinical rooms upstairs where we do our patient encounter exams and OSCE’s. They recently remodeled the basement into a simulation center with ICU rooms, ER rooms, and a big triage area. 

I chose this program because of the resources and also the location. It’s in River Forest, which is a beautiful suburb and is close to downtown Chicago. A bunch of us actually around the loop. It’s definitely nice to live by the city. There’s a lot to do here!

I think Dominican is a great program! I definitely couldn’t imagine myself anywhere else 🙂

Hey, thanks for your insight! It seems the program has a preference for in-state students - do you anticipate this trend continues? I'm from Colorado but very interested in the program!