I’m a pain management PA with 4+ years experience in interventional pain private practices. Currently in the process of opening my Pain Practice in New York City area. 

Looking for Supervising Physician for the practice. Will also receive percent ownership in practice and can perform the neuro-axial procedures if desired. I’m open to various arrangements, depending on what physician prefers.

Please message if interested to associate and collaborate.

• 5 months later...

It is very rare for a PA to own a practice in NYC. I once called NY Education Dept which issues MD/DO/PA licence regarding PA-owned family practice a few years ago. The answer was that the owner has to be a doctor. Maybe you need find a lawyer first to make sure if it's legal or not for PA-owned practice in NYC and then find your SP. Many years ago, there was a PA to own a practice in NYC with a very strong lawyer's help. However, that PA never gave his lawyer's name in PA forum after a few PAs asked him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By notyetnever
      Hello,
      Does anyone have information for prescription authority of medical assistants in NC? My situation at a family medicine practice is that our supervising physician authorized an MA to send refills on behalf of the APPs/mid-levels. However, we were never told about this. The MA was under the impression that we were aware and okay with this happening. I would guess each practitioner has to give the "okay" for the MA to refill prescriptions, right? Or is there some way the supervising physician can override this? The medications are still being filled on behalf of the mid-levels with our names on the scripts/medications. Is this more of a legal issue or ethical/workplace issue?
      Thank you
    • By ccorsale
      Hi there! 
      I am looking to relocate to the Western NY region (most likely Buffalo) after graduation and was hoping to work out some rotations in the area. I am not yet back on rotations given the circumstances, but figured I would start to look for something.
      Thanks!
    • By PAgirl199
      Hey everyone! 

I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
    • By CPPAC
      I’m a PA in general surgery and my SP will be soon be leaving for his annual two week medical missions trip. We will have a locums in to cover him for the duration he’s gone...
      Would this locums need to sign as a sort of temp SP for me to scrub with him? Is there some kind of exception with locums that allows PAs to work without all the signatures?
    • By AMCPAC93
      Hello all,
      I am a PA switching from a surgical specialty to emergency medicine ( in PA). I have been practicing for about 3 years. I am expected to start my new position mid January. We are sending my new supervising physician agreement in this week (end of October). I was wondering how long it typically takes for the state to approve the agreement? I am worried that I will not be able to start on time. Also the hospital I work at drops your pay 'two tiers' when you switch specialties within the network. I was wondering if this is common or if anyone else has had a similar experience. Also any tips for switching specialties would be appreciated..

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More