2021-2022 UNE Application Cycle

• 1 month later...

Hey all! 

Will be submitting by the end of the month. In the questions section where it asks why you want to attend UNE it shows 0 words but then limits you to 250 characters. Does anyone know if this is a glitch and it is supposed to be 250 words. 250 characters seems like an extremely low number to get you reason across.

Thanks!

I completely hear ya! 250 words seems like it would limit rambling. 250 characters makes it about two sentences which seems a little stringent. 

But who knows! It's my first year applying so I am just figuring life out! 🙂

Edited by Eemma

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, almondmilk said:

Guys I think the character count was an error. It’s showing as 1250 now, and it was 250 at the time I applied 😞

Haha! that's funny. I posted about this a while ago and emailed the program and still have no response to this day. 

I reached out to CASPA and they said the 250 was correct. lol

I wouldn't worry too much if they didn't feel it was important enough to answer I doubt they will penalize anyone for it and I am sure they will allow us to resend if needed.

2 hours ago, almondmilk said:

Guys I think the character count was an error. It’s showing as 1250 now, and it was 250 at the time I applied 😞

Oh my gosh, I did the same! I just did quick bullets, got right to the point! Maybe they’ll find our answers a bit comical 😂 Gotta be resourceful and quick thinking right!?

1 hour ago, PhteveQuest said:

Would you mind sharing that email so we can get the official response from them about this as well as who to email??

So I originally emailed the general admissions email (gradadmissions@une.edu) explaining the situation. In response I got an email from Katelin Ordway (kstemarie@une.edu) saying I would be able to email my response directly to her. Hope that helps!

Edited by JulieV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, almondmilk said:

Oh my gosh! If I didn’t happen to check this forum I would have never second guessed this! I was so happy about the short response 😂 do you think they’re going to reach out to all of us about this? How do they think we are supposed to figure out it was an error?