Interviews?? 2012-2013

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My GRE scores were sent Aug 15th and everything else in my app was sent in the first mailing thru CASPA. Should I be concerned that I haven't heard anything yet? Cathleen said she would forward everything on August 15th to the committee. How long did it take everyone else to get a phone call after their stuff was recieved?

At this point they've only completed one interview session. I know of people invited to the next two sessions but I don't think that they have yet "filled" either of them. There are a total of six sessions. Since your application was verified before Sep 1 you will be given priority. At this point there are probably close to 1000 applications to be reviewed so it is neither a good sign nor a bad sign that you haven't heard. It's just a matter of hanging tight and being patient.

Thanks so much Woodsters!! Also, were you at the Orientation in May I think it was? Are you currently a rural area Physician Assistant in the Gainesville? Did you spen some time overseas (I can't remember the country) before attending PA school in Gainesville? If this isn't you sorry. But I remember a recent grad speaking at the orientation. Her story was so inspiring. I didn't write down her name.

Cjones - congrats on your interview! I do know of two people from your group who received acceptances already. That doesn't mean that you will have to wait until the end of the process to hear, though. I noticed last year that as each interview occured, they reconsidered prior interviewees and called them at random times. So, it's good that you interviewed at the first session - every time they consider accepting other applicants, they'll have to think about you. So, hang in there!

Thanks! Charlie Jones. I didn't get to talk with you during the dinner, but I enjoyed what you had to say during the orientation. I was sitting with Brendan. Being able to interact and talk with the students was an amazing part of the process. It allowed me to calm my nerves and go into the interview relaxed and just be myself.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! I was also at the August interview, but have not heard anything back yet. I think that everyone who was in our group was a great candidate and deserves to be accepted. So for those of us who have not heard anything yet, stay optimistic! There is still plenty of time for us to get the good news!

Woodsters will be the "recent grad" at the orientation activity on October 8. I will stay late for a few minutes to answer questions. HOWEVER, that is my 24th wedding anniversary so I will NOT be attending the dinner in favor of quality time with my husband :-) So glad you "kept the faith" curlymk. I look forward to meeting you (again). Now please say a little prayer that my former shadows will get invites :-)

Congrats to those who are about to have their interviews! Going to the orientation and talking with the first year students at the dinner was great. You will really get a feel for the program. If you can I highly recommend going to the dinner. It really helped me relax and go into the interview feeling more confident which allowed me to just be myself. If you have been selected for an interview, then you already meet their standards on paper, and now they just want to get to know you as a person to see if you are a good fit for the program. Just be yourself! Good luck to everyone!

Archived