Interviews?? 2012-2013

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question, if I am interviewing in August will I hear back shortly thereafter or will it not be until January/February like the U of Florida site says? I was just admitted into South University and they start January 10th and wouldn't even have heard back from U of Florida yet. Thanks for any insight.

ingersol34 - A select few interviewees find out within a week of their interview, and everyone else finds out around Dec/Jan/Feb. Most of the people in my class found out around Dec., then as people confirmed or declined their offer, they began to accept people off of the waitlist. One person in our class even dropped during orientation and the admissions committee accepted someone from the waitlist who began in the second week of classes. It's cutting it pretty close with South's January start, so that doesn't help too much, sorry!

Sario is correct. They try to make "final" decisions before UF's Christmas break mid-December. Then the major shuffle starts as people make decisions to go elsewhere and they start pulling from the alternate pool. I'd say if you don't hear by mid-december, then you are at best an alternate. Sometime in January they should send out letters to those who haven't heard yet to confirm your rejection/alternate status.

Thank you so much Tami for your input! This has made me feel much more at ease about the interview process. :) My interview is also on the 27th-29th and look forward to meeting you then. I tried to work out to shadow you earlier in the year but the orientation just never worked out. Thanks again for all of your dedication to us Pre-PA students!

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say I got invited to interview on Oct. 9 2012! I got the call yesterday. I am very excited and feel very blessed to have been given this opportunity.

To those PA students on this forum: any suggestions for interview day?? They would be much appreciated.

As far as I know, there is no set pattern. For example, they may not yet be officially making calls for the interview in October but they offer someone an earlier interview and they can't take it so they take the next available. I know of people invited to the first three interviews (of six) but as far as I know only the first interview is completely booked up. Hang in there, it's worth the wait! And keep an eye on the forum.

I know I told a couple of people that I'd try to be at the dinner at the Swamp on Monday, but there was a huge rush of people in my class who signed up to go and I just barely missed filling the last slot! I did let our class president know that I'm very interested in going for future interviews, but unfortunately I won't be at the one on Monday. You will have an amazing group of people there though, and of course, if anyone has any questions feel free to message me on this forum!

Archived