• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My caspa was sent on June 23 and the supplementary the beginning of July. I got the interview email a few weeks later. The interview was very relaxed, I felt very comfortable and everyone was very nice. I was interviewed by 3 people. Idk how I did, it seemed to go well but ya never kno! I'm going crazy tho now waiting!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like they sent out their invites for November already. I still haven't gotten word ever since submitting the supplemental. Last I received word from them was on 9/24 confirming receipt of my supplemental. I guess it's a longer waiting game than I thought... I'll have to call them monday and see what's happening exactly.

I wouldn't worry yet, I sent out my supplemental the same week as you centosan and I got an email this morning about an interview in November. Unfortunately they offered me Nov 26 and that weekend it is ~$1000 to fly from LA to NJ because of Thanksgiving, so I gave up my spot. I am now on the list for when they email out invitations for December, and they told me they interview all the way until the end of Feb and leave some seats open to give everyone a fair chance.... so you still have lots of time! :)

I wouldn't worry yet, I sent out my supplemental the same week as you centosan and I got an email this morning about an interview in November. Unfortunately they offered me Nov 26 and that weekend it is ~$1000 to fly from LA to NJ because of Thanksgiving, so I gave up my spot. I am now on the list for when they email out invitations for December, and they told me they interview all the way until the end of Feb and leave some seats open to give everyone a fair chance.... so you still have lots of time! :)

Your post lifted my spirits! lol. I actually didn't know they're interviewing all the way into February. That's pretty cool. Plus giving everyone a fair chance too! Some schools don't do that. They do rolling admissions so if all spots get filled by november, all the december interviews get wait-listed. I'll keep checking my email and junk mail (dunno why but it goes there sometimes)

Hey guys..I interviewed this morning and was accepted this afternoon (they notified me by phone). I am so excited...UMDNJ was my top choice!!! Has anyone else been accepted??? Please feel free to message me about the interview and for those of you still waiting..they said lots of seats are still open and they will be interviewing way into feb. Best of Luck everybody!

Hey guys..I interviewed this morning and was accepted this afternoon (they notified me by phone). I am so excited...UMDNJ was my top choice!!! Has anyone else been accepted??? Please feel free to message me about the interview and for those of you still waiting..they said lots of seats are still open and they will be interviewing way into feb. Best of Luck everybody!

ahache what is your stats and how did your interview go?

JcDeal..

I graduated in 2011 from Manhattan College

Overall gpa 3.56

Science gpa 3.5

Healthcare experience: lots of shadowing/interning with MDs, DOs and PAs in NYC during undergrad

Medical assistant and ophthalmic technician in the years since having graduated

as for the interview..it was very laid back, the faculty is extremely personable and really wants you to feel comfortable and they are not going to intimidate you intentionally. The morning began with a tour, financial aid session and program overview followed by a simple ethical writing sample. Interview questions were geared towards your specific application and my advice is not to rehearse answers but to be able to readily call up experiences you've had being overwhelmed, being successful, working with pts, demonstrating leadership skills etc. definitely know what u wrote in ur caspa application and be ready and excited to tell the interviewers about it. They really do want to hear your story and personally I did not feel rushed or pressured at all. I enjoyed the interview as it was more like a friendly conversation. Nothing to be worried about! Hope this helps!

Has anyone else not be notified of the exact date yet for their interview? Sorry to ask again but I'm not sure what to think about the fact that they offered the invite 11 days again saying it would be in November, and it's about to be November and I still haven't gotten the exact date.
Don't think on it too much... just call the program and ask? It seems like a logical question to have, especially if other people have already been notified about interview dates at the very end of November.

desablev, I would just call them to follow up. Don't know what's going on in NJ with the hurricane having passed but it may not mean anything, they are probably trying to fill slots and will get to you soon.

centosan, yeah I was surprised too when I heard about their interview process but it seems like they don't let seats fill up so that they can give everyone a chance to come and interview, which is really good news so I wouldn't worry but I know the waiting is so hard!

Archived