PA school suggestions

I am a Masters in Medical Science student trying to get my GPA up and more professional level classes under my belt. I have applied this year and waiting for any interviews. I have gotten a few rejections saying my GPA is low. It is a 2.82 cumulative, yes its really low (went to LSU for undergrad). Are there any schools that have a low gpa requirement? I found a few but there are so many and not sure if it is worth spending the money. I have already spent so much in apps.

You really need to get a 4.0 or near 4.0 in your post-bacc classes to prove you can handle the rigors of PA school. Don't go based on minimum GPAs listed by programs. I think my school said that the minimum was 2.8, but our class average was actually above 3.5. You only get one shot in PA school (med school you can take a semester off, retake a class etc.--not so in PA school) Programs do not want to take a person who is risky and could fail out. The only way a school would consider you with 2.8 or even 3.0 is if you have a VERY impressive HCE background, like PAMAC said. Even then, they want to see you can handle difficult classes.

Archived