Please share your experience at Stony Brook University, it would be so helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just graduated from the program in June. In my opinion (taken from perusing many forums and talking to many students from the area and other states), SBU ranks among the top schools in the nation, and perhaps the top if you calculate cost of tuition. PA school is hard and SBU is no exception, but second year rotations you will be recognized as an SBU student (a.k.a you know your stuff). The curriculum is set up to teach you all you'll need for second year rotations as well as what you need to pass the Boards. The school constantly has a first-time pass rate in the high 90's and this year has been no different (I don't believe anyone has failed yet that took it). Most of us already have jobs weeks after graduating and a few before graduation, those who don't have been offered jobs, but have not taken them. Lastly, the faculty and staff is incredible, completely open-door policy and they all get along which is huge. Really a great 2-year experience for me. Good luck in applying! Very competitive school to get into (I believe the most applicants of any school in the nation) so my advice is to apply to more than 1 school, 4 or 5 at minimum, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your post! I was invited for an interview with SBU next month and am even more excited now than I was before. I have learned that the school has a great ranking but everything else you stated is really impressive. Thanks!

When did you send in your supplemental? I emailed mine last week and am wondering about the turnaround time. SBU is an awesome school would love the opportunity to interview!

Hi hubeauty,

I received my secondary from them on July 13th and emailed it back to them on July 27th. I heard back with the interview offer on Tuesday July 31st. I was really surprised how quick the turn around time was. They were the quickest school I have heard from. I agree with you, the school is very impressive!

Archived