Would I need to check the box?

I'm gonna try and make this short and sweet.

I'm currently a PA-S and I've been having a lot of anxiety that has been increasing to borderline panic attacks. Most of them surrounding school and school events. 

My question is if I'm put on an anxiolytic or SSRI do I need to check this box on my application for licensure?

"In the last five years have you been treated for or had a recurrence of a diagnosed mental disorder that has impaired your ability to practice medicine?"

Thank you for your input. 

No need to check.  If every medical professional that was taking a SSRI for example checked yes the system to handle that would be overwhelmed.  As you finish school and enter the field you need to take care of yourself.  It can be a very stressful job but certainly doable.  

25 minutes ago, Boatswain2PA said:

While there are supposed to be protections for things like this, oftentimes those protections are not enough.

Scary real-life story here:

https://www.acepnow.com/article/emergency-physician-with-depression-chronicles-her-10-year-fight-to-keep-her-license/

It's horseshit like what the Oregon medical board did to that doc in the article that keeps the vast majority of providers suffering in silence.  Any wonder we die so young, have advanced numbers of substance abuse and failed family situations?  Man this subject has always ticked me off.  

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2