2021-2022 Application Round

I did finally receive an email stating that they received my application, email came July 21 and I can't remember when I originally submitted it. The email does state "Please allow approximately 8-10 weeks from this email to receive further instructions." This is a surprising timeframe to be honest, it seems super slow. Hopefully this really means there is a true holistic review going on. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, patelp said:

Is it too late to apply for this program?

Their website states: "The CASPA application is the only application required for admission; there is no supplemental application. The application portal opens in mid-April, and it is in the applicant's best interest to apply as early as possible and submit all supplemental documentation (i.e., GRE scores, letters of recommendation, and evaluation forms) prior to September."

The deadline appears to be December 1, 2021. However, it is highly recommended to apply early since the program utilizes rolling admissions. As you can see from the excerpt from their admissions webpage I have copied above they highly recommend applying before September. I'm sure anything is possible before the official deadline though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, Jul92 said:

Hey guys it says no unverified prerequisites. If I just finished a prerequisite and have sent in a new official transcript, does that count (as now verified)? I submitted my first application before the class was finished.

As long as you send your updated official transcripts to CASPA and they verify them and then you go onto CASPA and click to update your application once they’re verified the school will receive the updated grade/completion information from them. 

1 hour ago, mfcfpa said:

As long as you send your updated official transcripts to CASPA and they verify them and then you go onto CASPA and click to update your application once they’re verified the school will receive the updated grade/completion information from them. 

so CASPA does not verify again. They only verify once (the first time you submit). 

Just now, Jul92 said:

so CASPA does not verify again. They only verify once (the first time you submit). 

That’s not true they do re-looks me verify your newly submitted transcripts and an update my application button will appear whenever you add anything and the schools will receive an update. You also have to enter in the grade manually into caspa when you update if you manually entered all your other ones. I’ve done it all before. 

17 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

That’s not true they do re-looks me verify your newly submitted transcripts and an update my application button will appear whenever you add anything and the schools will receive an update. You also have to enter in the grade manually into caspa when you update if you manually entered all your other ones. I’ve done it all before. 

Oh ok! Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Jul92 said:

Oh ok! Thank you!

Absolutely! You can always update your CASPA application, there are just things that you can’t change once you submit. You can add and update some things though. The CASPA website has a help section too and during their business hours there is even a virtual chat feature where you can ask them any questions! You can also call CASPA with questions and they’ve always been super helpful whenever I’ve had to do so. Most schools just request that you update your course grades through CASPA , but I’ve applied to some that will have you email them and let them know when you’ve completed them as well. It doesn’t hurt to reach out to the programs and give them a heads up that you’ve received your grades and updated your application and they should receive it- but that part is up to you unless the program specifically asked you to let them know when you’ve completed anything outstanding, then I would definitely tell them 🙂

CASPA does not verify after the first verification. You can update manually entered grades though via the button referenced.

From CASPA: (https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Before_and_After_You_Submit_Your_CASPA_Application/6_Updating_Your_CASPA_Application)
"Updated coursework will not be verified. In most cases you will not need to send updated transcripts; however, some programs may ask you to send them to CASPA or directly to the program. Contact your program directly for their requirements. 

Additionally, since updated coursework is not verified, new grades will not be factored into your existing CASPA GPA; however, your updated grades will be made available to your programs and they may choose to update your GPA locally. "

11 minutes ago, Benjig said:

CASPA does not verify after the first verification. You can update manually entered grades though via the button referenced.

From CASPA: (https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Before_and_After_You_Submit_Your_CASPA_Application/6_Updating_Your_CASPA_Application)
"Updated coursework will not be verified. In most cases you will not need to send updated transcripts; however, some programs may ask you to send them to CASPA or directly to the program. Contact your program directly for their requirements. 

Additionally, since updated coursework is not verified, new grades will not be factored into your existing CASPA GPA; however, your updated grades will be made available to your programs and they may choose to update your GPA locally. "

I always just sent CASPA my updated official transcripts to show my grades after manually entering/updating them. Then yes there is a button that appears After making changes that allows you to update the schools of your changesAfter making changes that allows you to update the schools of your changes

Just email the program of your update to be sure. It’s not that big of a deal as long as you make sure they know you’ve completed it and you can get the grade in to possibly be considered into your GPA depending on their processes. I would think it should be factored in especially if it’s a prerequisite.