• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tentative Timeline From 2020 - 2021 Cycle's thread

May 20, 2020                email from Barry today letting me know they had my verified application

review of applications would begin in June!

June 22, 2020               graduate studies admin call to confirm application?

July 17, 2020                  email from Barry stating my application was processed/ under review

August 13, 2020             email said that interviews will begin in September and final decisions made by April 2021.

September 22, 2020      interview invitation for dates starting in October via email

September 28, 2020      interview invite today for the Miami campus

October 12, 2020            I just received an email for an interview invite! I picked 11/06

Acceptance response 4-6w post interview (realistically 7w)

November 25, 2020        Just received an acceptance email!

Waitlisted by email

January 8                          Accepted off the waitlist this afternoon!

January 28                        interviewing for Barry St. Pete 2/18

March 1                             accepted off the waitlist! I interviewed on 11/13

March 18                            Waitlisted for St. Petersburg, interviewed on 2/18.

April 23                              Got the official denial today... that's a wrap for this semester.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, payalshah529 said:

For those who are applying to the Miami campus. How did you send your scores to the program code 0634. I tried entering it into ETS where you order scores to be sent but it does not come up. Anyone have any ideas?

Per Barry website "GRE scores must to be sent directly to the university by ETS to institutional code 5053, program code 0634 before the application is submitted. Applications without official GRE scores will remain inpending status until they are received. GRE scores must be submitted no later than 30 business days after receipt of notification from Admissions Office."

What I did was go to the ETS site, then send additional score report tab, then just type under the institutional 5053 Barry university and 0634 physician assistant. 

Then paid and that's it

13 minutes ago, Johnny0513 said:

Per Barry website "GRE scores must to be sent directly to the university by ETS to institutional code 5053, program code 0634 before the application is submitted. Applications without official GRE scores will remain inpending status until they are received. GRE scores must be submitted no later than 30 business days after receipt of notification from Admissions Office."

What I did was go to the ETS site, then send additional score report tab, then just type under the institutional 5053 Barry university and 0634 physician assistant. 

Then paid and that's it

I just got it. Thanks so much!!

On 6/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Johnny0513 said:

Then paid and that's it

I used one of my free score reports on Barry when I took the GRE in 2020, but for some reason it is not showing up on CASPA. I have contacted ETS and Barry, but I have not received a response from Barry while ETS said the score was sent on their end.

1 hour ago, na792 said:

I used one of my free score reports on Barry when I took the GRE in 2020, but for some reason it is not showing up on CASPA. I have contacted ETS and Barry, but I have not received a response from Barry while ETS said the score was sent on their end.

It won’t show up on CASPA! But if it shows it sent then you should be all set. Barry will email you letting you know if you are missing anything.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:04 PM, na792 said:

Having the same issue. CASPA states my scored were received by every school I'm applying to except Barry. However, ETS says sent. So confused. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, karlag145 said:

Having the same issue. CASPA states my scored were received by every school I'm applying to except Barry. However, ETS says sent. So confused. 

GRE scores wont show up on CASPA!!! According to an email I got from Barry, they said "your CASPA account will never reflect our receipt of your official GRE Scores. Once your application has been processed you will receive an email confirming the receipt of your official GRE Scores)"

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received any communication since submitting their CASPA? I've only gotten an email that let me make an account on their website and there's a message on the welcome screen that says they've received my application for admission. 

They first sent me a confirmation email saying they received my CASPA application. Then I received an email saying all the pre-reqs and materials were met/received and the admissions committee was reviewing my application. I wasn’t sent anything about making an account though. Did you get these emails I mentioned before the one asking you to create an account? 

1 hour ago, Varda said:

They first sent me a confirmation email saying they received my CASPA application. Then I received an email saying all the pre-reqs and materials were met/received and the admissions committee was reviewing my application. I wasn’t sent anything about making an account though. Did you get these emails I mentioned before the one asking you to create an account? 

No I haven't received any of these emails! I was emailing the admissions director, Betsy, with some questions and then an auto-generated email was sent to me to create an account and they gave me a student ID number. My CASPA was verified on 6/21 so I'm assuming it'll take some time, but I was surprised/confused to see the "received" message on the portal. There isn't a special link or anything, so maybe you can make your own account too? It's www.barry.edu/mybarry

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Varda said:

When did you receive the confirmation email? I submitted/verified 6/25, and was wondering if I should have the confirmation email yet or if it'd take more time. 

7 hours ago, PAchow said:

When did you receive the confirmation email? I submitted/verified 6/25, and was wondering if I should have the confirmation email yet or if it'd take more time. 

-CASPA verified 5/18

-Confirmation email 5/19

-Email saying app was under review 6/15

On 6/13/2021 at 11:14 PM, karlag145 said:

I sort of had the same issue. On CASPA, only a few schools I have applied to showed that they received my GRE score. However, when I received emails from Barry after submitting application, there was a sentence that said something along the lines of 'We received your official GRE score but it WILL NOT show through CASPA'. Weird, but I trust it! Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...