New Grad Family Medicine Part-Time Offer

Hi Everyone, I'm a new grad and was offered a part time position in family medicine in northern Indiana. The salary seems a little low to me but I don't really have anything to compare it to and its only 2 days per week. The 2020 AAPA salary report has limited data on part time. However, I did find one line on the report that said for 15 hours per week the average salary is $52,000.

Family medicine part time: 2 days per week (16 hours)

Salary: $39,000 per year for first 18 months then possibly productivity pay after

CME: 16 hours each year, no allowance

PTO: 64 hours (8 days) per year

Employer will pay for Indiana license, Indiana CSR, DEA license

No other benefits (i.e. health insurance, retirement)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

That salary comes out to about $100K/year, since it's about a 40% FTE.  At this level of PT, benefits aren't very common.  The fact that the employer will pay for Indiana license, CSR, and DEA is worth over $1k, DEA alone is $888 every 3 years.  Hourly, it comes out to about $49/hour.  Overall, seems pretty fair, especially for a new grad.  I work in IN, but do EM.

• Like 1