How can NP get PA-curriculum?

PA was my first choice as I would have enjoyed the rigor and the model of the teaching. However, I would like to eventually do Psych so leaning more towards the NP path.

I want to know if there is anyway one can self-study some of the PA curriculum. If so, I could somehow get the training that PA school provides with the NP degree. That could be the best of both worlds for me..

• Like 1

Thanks unfortunately ca doesnt seem very PA friendly for psych as far as I have researched.

By "self study" didn't mean just study by myself but more along the lines of any additional fellowships or other coursework or certificates that I could do to augment the NP curriculum.

The breadth and knowledge PA-S undergo would be extremely hard to self-study. The reason I say this is because most material in professional programs need to be taught by experienced individuals so it's digestible for those learning.

PMHNP curriculum is so focused that you should be fine as an entry level clinician. 

I too wish NPs did get somewhat a similar education PAs receive but I've come to terms that I have to do a residency post-NP school.