Plan to pursue med school after PA school.

Actually, that wasn't my intent.....but I can see how it could be taken that way...typing too fast.

No it's because you've been a relentless name dropper who needs to demonstrate to the world who he "knows" for the entire time I've seen you on this forum.

So it's not an isolated incident.

I was looking like this much of a tool I'd want someone to tell me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i should have been much clearer. When i said driving me crazy, i meant that seeing them go crazy was sort of confusing me in terms of deciding what to do. Seeing them go crazy wasn't literally driving me crazy. nonetheless, at the end of the day no matter what one does, MD/PA, it seems there always will be situations that will drive one crazy -- lets not over blow this again, lol. my FP uncle, even though not going crazy, is still paying his enormous 350k loans. He is 40+ years old, so there is the added perspective on having to decide what one should do. But, i have agree w/everybody that when MD vs PA comes, MD is the way to go. Everywhere in the forum, all i hear is how much it sucks to take the orders from their SP and the lack of autonomy. i haven't really heard much positive comments. When i asked everybody, "Are you happy" with what you do. 4/5 comments were all very discouraging. Dammit decisions decisions.

Of all the PAs I've met in my life most are happy. The things you mention- autonomy, dealing with docs etc are not big issues if you find the right practice environment. The trick is getting a good position.

As a PA you need the trifecta- right practice, right field, and right region- and you can be very happy.

The exception is those people who need the social benefits that go along with being an MD- perceived respect, title, etc....OR...you want a guaranteed 200-400k right out of school (and even that's not a lock in primary care, peds, occ med, rehab, etc!)

No it's because you've been a relentless name dropper who needs to demonstrate to the world who he "knows" for the entire time I've seen you on this forum.

So it's not an isolated incident.

I was looking like this much of a tool I'd want someone to tell me.

Andersen, this is what I am like in person as well. I am probably more of a politician than a PA, and unlike many, I am not ashamed of that fact. I actually take more enjoyment working in policy and research than seeing patients....a LOT more. As far as all of my "friends", well, I've developed and established connections all over with work in policy...if you happen to feel that that is "name dropping"...so be it. Being that I am, well, let's just say, not young.....I'm not likely to change....

Archived