ECG normal or not?

Ecg after stress test. Near max load the p-wave started to like this, and progressed a bit more into recovery. I'm sure the irregularities are interference from movement. I'm new to this, but this according to the report normal ecg looks a lot different than all I've seen so far. Can anyone explain? Female, 30s, runner with exercise intolerance over past year

NI1Inby.png

Probably not the best place for a clinical opinion but...

I suspect still being tachycardic is the issue; the rate is nearly 150. Much higher and you might not be able to visualize a p wave at all. I do see a PAC or two, which are not concerning. I'm assuming that your heart rate smoothly dropped back to normal and stayed in sinus rhythm during this transient.

150 is not high for you. Max aged adjusted heart rate is 220-age, or 190 for you (if you're 30). We generally try to get you to 85% of that during a treadmill stress test.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, MediMike said:

Thoughts on the IVCD? RBBB morphology w/o a slurred S in 6 but evident in I, really difficult to see an actual width of the complex on the phone screen.  Possible RAE? Any chance this individual has a hx of connective tissue dz, pHTN?

Thanks a lot. Yes, certainly RBBB, I agree. I'll get working with your other ideas and see if any of this makes sense. I thought of phtn, but it's only obvious at peak effort and recovery. Thus maybe exercise induced, which is not really something that gets diagnosed here.  How can you actually see connective tissue dz on ecg? Yes, file mentions pt thinks she might have mild eds, but no dx.

note: No, it's not my data or anyone I know. I was looking for a place to discuss these kind of things as I'm training to become a PA. I'm not in the US though and there's no local forum. Please pardon my English.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Daniella2000 said:

I was looking for a place to discuss these kind of things as I'm training to become a PA. I'm not in the US though and there's no local forum. Please pardon my English.

If there's enough interest, I'd be entirely open to creating an International PA student forum for such topics.

I wish I had known that the poster was not the patient! No need for reassurance apparently.

If you want to get discussions going on EKG interpretation, diagnostic grade EKGs taken on motionless patients would probably be a good place to start. It's hard to analyze tiny EKGs recorded on a patient who is not at rest during tachycardia.

Could be a useful forum!

OP: Good luck on your training!