Expert medical case

Hi there 

I have been provided with an opportunity to review a medical case of negligence and present my expert medical opinion .

has anyone have any experience with it ? I have few questions 

I am asking for $300/hour

Do I need a SP at any time ?

I am also asked to review an extensive amount of medical record regarding the negligence and present my verbal opinion . Will this be on my record when I get Credentialing ?

Thank you  in advance 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dream2pa said:

Hi there 

I have been provided with an opportunity to review a medical case of negligence and present my expert medical opinion .

has anyone have any experience with it ? I have few questions 

I am asking for $300/hour

Do I need a SP at any time ?

I am also asked to review an extensive amount of medical record regarding the negligence and present my verbal opinion . Will this be on my record when I get Credentialing ?

Thank you  in advance 

1. Ask for more.  I get billed out at $600/hour for occ med testimony.

2. Are you practicing medicine when you render a medical opinion?  If so, you need an SP. Your state laws may have an opinion one way or another on this.

3. I don't understand the question.

Thank you for the answers .

This is my first time ever being involved in something like this and I have only been practicing for 9 months . Not sure if I still qualified for $600 or more .

this case is in a different state than where I practice . Does my SP have to be involved in any way or do I inform him that I may provide my verbal opinion in a medical lawsuit ?

When I apply for hospital job in future and go through the credentialing process , Will this come up in my background check ? If yes , are there any consequences ?

once again , thank you for all the answers 

16 hours ago, dream2pa said:

This is my first time ever being involved in something like this and I have only been practicing for 9 months . Not sure if I still qualified for $600 or more .

As an outsider looking in, it's weird that a PA with less than 1 year of experience is being asked to act as an expert witness.

This isn't an indictment against you, just where you are in your career at this time.

I did this for about twenty years but already had twenty plus years of practice. If I were the opposing attorney I would blow your testimony out of the window based on your lack of expertise. Is the attorney who is asking you to be an expert a novice attorney? I  was always paid and did this in steps to make all charges clear. I never went from one step to another without payment and each time I put in ten hours I expected to be paid. Charges today are different than my last expert testimony about eight years ago and I agree to go for the big bucks but............respectfully your time in practice is an impediment.