EVMS PA class of 2015!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings everybody...my name is Tarek and I am part of the most recent graduating MPA Class (2012) for EVMS. I just wanted to say congrats to those that were offered a spot and do not give up to those that didn't!

I start my new career as a PA-C (waiting on DEA) on August 1st in the ED. Just wanted to give you all a little encouragement before you start EVMS and say that it goes really quickly...before you know it you will be waiting to start your new career just like me.

Congrats again and good luck to all! Now go celebrate with a beer/soda and do something fun.

Tarek

Helen,

You will receive a survey from the committee and they will try to match you with someone suitable. If there is someone you would like to be asssigned as your mentor, there is a spot to do that too.

Usually the matches are great.

Hey Scott,

Is there a way we can request a mentor?

Helen

Thanks.. I am working hard in Semester 2... We are looking forward to the new class coming onboard and getting started.

Just as an intersting note I wanted to post this latest message from the president of the school:

The College of William & Mary and Eastern Virginia Medical School have agreed to exclusively explore the feasibility of having EVMS become the William & Mary School of Medicine. Before a decision can be made by either W&M or EVMS, each must carefully investigate the implications of such a combination. Our Board of Visitors has directed that we perform due diligence in this regard and it is not yet clear how long this will take. If W&M and EVMS decide to proceed, approval from the Governor and General Assembly will be required.

The fact that one of the oldest, most prestigious colleges in the country would consider affiliating with us speaks volumes about the groundbreaking work our faculty, staff and students are achieving every day. While we won’t know for some time how this will work out, I think this is a tremendous compliment and an opportunity worth exploring.

We will hold a brief meeting for faculty at 4 p.m. today (Wednesday, July 25) in ERB Room 135 and a brief meeting for any interested students and staff at 5 p.m. in ERB Room 104.

I will continue to update you as developments warrant.

Thank you for all you do for EVMS.

Harry Lester

What does everybody think about the posibility of EVMS becoming William & Mary School of Medicine???

Thank you so much for the well wishes. Congratulations to you as well! Surviving the rigorous program is a feat in itself. ;) Good luck in your new role as a PA-C!

I think that this would be a win win for both schools! The community support that EVMS has will always give it longevity. A merge with W&M would just strengthen that as well as open many more doors in all areas...especially in research.

sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

is anyone else still waiting to here back? it has been two weeks today and i still have not heard anything :(

I believe its two weeks from the last interview day (16th). After I heard that, I put it in my calendar. There is still hope! The 30th would be two weeks

sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Hey guys sorry I have been camping the last week and a half and trying to manage things from my phone. The group has been changed to MPA class of 2015 because it is not an official EVMS page, so look for that. Steven Isner I sent you a friend request and then I will add you to the group. I think everyone else has been added is that correct? if not let me know! congrats everyone!!!

Congratulations to all who made the cut! I met a variety of people who were undoubtably fit for a spot, so I hope all those deserving received their acceptance. I am cheering you all on from the wait list, but I remain hopeful...and if the anxiety doesn't give me a heart attack, I may even see you all in January. Fingers still crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for all of you that are attending. First congrats on making it! I hope to get an interview this coming summer. I sent in my CASPA app in July and am waiting for the supplemental. Will we receive an email with a link to the supplemental application? The website says its available after sept. 1 but I cant seem to find a link anywhere. Thanks!

@bradyg007, actually i don't remember. I looked through my email and found no link, but I want to say yes you will receive some type of notification. The best thing to do is go through the school's website like a fine tooth comb because there are valuable bits here and there from my experience so far. Good luck.

Brady,

I believe that they are revamping their supplemental application and it may take a little bit of time till it is available online. I know they are also working hard trying to get things aligned with our upcoming class, so that may be hindering the speed of the process. Again, i'm not 100% sure, but I thought I remember them saying something about it. Hope this helps and hope to see you at interviews next summer!

Yeah I figured recent acceptances and class starting soon would slow it. I just don't know if I go online and there is a link or if I get an email is all. But congrats to you all!! I have an interview with arizona school of health sciences jan 11 and it sucks I have to wait till June to hear from here. But I love that you get cadavers. No better way to learn to me. Hope to see you next summer!

Archived