PA-C responsibilities in a COVID vaccine clinic?

Hello! I'm a semi-new grad PA-C who has been on the job hunt in my state for the past few months. There's a local FT vaccine clinic opportunity for APPs that I'm interested in applying to, but the post doesn't have a lot of details on what the responsibilities of the PA-C would be. Other similar job openings have a range of different tasks listed, with some being as simple as just administering vaccines, while others have the PA provide necessary patient education, monitor patients, etc. I could also see the PA being utilized to help direct care should adverse reactions occur, etc., but I haven't seen it explicitly listed on any job posts I've seen.

I was wondering if anyone here has worked in a COVID vaccine clinic or knows someone who does, and could provide more insight into what you do day-to-day in your role?

Thank you for your time!

I do not have direct knowledge... but

not much responsibility medically

have EPI

know how to use it

verify it is the correct dose

be available to stabilize folks that need it till the Ambulance shows up (them medical control takes over)

Think EPI and O2

• Upvote 1

I try to stay up to date with my state / county orgs and get all their emails. Every position I have seen advertised with PAs listed has also had RN, EMT, even MA listed for the same position. It puts the needle in the skin. That said, I have heard Kaiser in VA is offering $4k/week for RNs to administer vaccines temp of course, but damn.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erose
      Hello all!
      I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
      Thank you!!
    • By SEMPA
      Join us as Anand "Swami" Swaminathan, MD reviews what works (and what doesn't work) against COVID-19.
      Feb 18, 2021; 3:00 pm CST
      https://www.sempa.org/education/sempa-live/

• By cfran
      Hi! New grad here with pending MA license. Its a tough time out there for new grads! (any leads in MA would be great!) but in the mean time while my license processes, I wanted to see if I could get a job/ volunteer doing covid vaccinations or covid swabs, Most posts I'e seen want nurses or Pharmacists, and don't mention PAs. Also not sure how this works with a pending license? Any leads or advice would be great!  
    • By COVIDquestions
      Would people please reply with the name of their PA school and if you have:
      -mandatory in-person lectures (and since when)
      -optional online lectures
      -online lectures only
      My school has required all classes in person since August 2020 even though COVID numbers are worse now than they were in the summer. They tell us it's required for accreditation, but I am finding out several PA schools are either all online or give their students an option. I understand requiring skills labs and exams in-person, but lectures in person seem unnecessary and irresponsible. Knowing that many schools have an option for online lectures would help us make a better case to stay safer at home. Thanks for your help!
    • By greenmood
      I find this troubling. I had this sense close to the beginning in mid-December, as I watched people without direct patient care posting selfies of their vaccine cards, that something might not be quite right. My hospital seemed to be doing the right thing, but then today I heard about vaccinations going to staff who are 100% telework and without other qualifying demographics. Just working for a healthcare institution does not justify a healthy young person without increased risk receiving this vaccine ahead of the elderly and high risk. I know for a fact that the nursing homes in my area haven’t been fully vaccinated. Even some of the inpatient nurses on non-Covid floors haven’t gotten shots yet, and they certainly qualify as “essential.”
      I don’t know where this communication breakdown began between the CDC, states, and institutions, and it’s enraging that this is being so poorly managed on such a wide scale.

NYT article

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More