Being “banned” from employment at a hospital

I’m a physician assistant, who made an error in not listening ALL the non-PA jobs I have EVER held on a job APPLICATION. Not a resume, as that only lists my professional experience. 

Specifically I didn’t list a scribe position I was fired from because the chief scribe fired me because she was worried her boyfriend was flirting with me. I also didn’t list the retail jobs, the work study jobs, the babysitting gigs I held. 

Apparently when I applied several years ago for my first PA job I apparently disclosed to this institution the above scribe job on my application. When I applied this time, I did not. I wasn’t even aware of the discrepancy, nor was this intentional. But because of this, they won’t hire me. 

There is another hospital in my area that I also applied to looking for my first job and I am now applying again. Do I call them up and let them know of the omission? I’m afraid of this happening again. 

Anything medicine-related is relevant to credentialing committees and med exec committees.  I continue to list EMS jobs from 25 years ago because they were relevant when I first started.  Besides, it should make its way into your NPI profile so if its there, its everywhere.  

No one is going to care about your position as a scribe, why you were terminated, etc.  They will care that you selectively disclosed it. 

Once Listed - Always Listed.

G

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, PhysicAsstinNY said:

I’m a physician assistant, who made an error in not listening ALL the non-PA jobs I have EVER held on a job APPLICATION. Not a resume, as that only lists my professional experience. 

Specifically I didn’t list a scribe position I was fired from because the chief scribe fired me because she was worried her boyfriend was flirting with me. I also didn’t list the retail jobs, the work study jobs, the babysitting gigs I held. 

Apparently when I applied several years ago for my first PA job I apparently disclosed to this institution the above scribe job on my application. When I applied this time, I did not. I wasn’t even aware of the discrepancy, nor was this intentional. But because of this, they won’t hire me. 

There is another hospital in my area that I also applied to looking for my first job and I am now applying again. Do I call them up and let them know of the omission? I’m afraid of this happening again. 

My street smarts...this doesn't sound right.  To inadvertently leave off an insignificant prior job of scribe and then be un-hirable.  An experienced PA shouldn't really need to list prior PA jobs.  Did HR specifically tell you they won't hire you because of this?  

• Upvote 1