GRE: Uneven subject scores

I am curious how my GRE score will affect my application with the subject scores being so one sided.

My GRE total was 1070

Q500 (29% percentile)

V570 (79% percentile)

Writing 4.0

Its not a great score, but not horrible. I am debating if I need to retake it before submitting for this year's cycle

Any thoughts?

Thanks

hi

hopefully they'll just look over your overall score and noticed that you've made the 1000 threshold that some schools put on their sites.

im taking the gre in 2 days. can i ask if the vocabs you studied before hand really showed up on the real gre lol..i'm freaking out over the verbal part right now...

I took the GRE last year with the older version that was heavier on the vocab. I studied the Kaplan flash cards, however I don't remember seeing any of the terms that I studied on there. Its better to just group similar words into a category with a general meaning ex) forlorn, melancholy, despondent etc all are synonyms for being sad or depressed.

I received an email from UDM stating that the GRE isn't even factored into the acceptance decision, but just used to weed out applicants who didnt make the min GRE score required.

GRE score requirements vary among schools. Some want to see 1000 total, some want 50th percentile in each section, some want to see 1200+. Contact the schools you're interested in or check out their websites. It's probably worth retaking anyway since the quantitative section is the easiest score to improve.

Archived