Enough! It's time to SPLIT from the Physician Assistant profession....

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the first half of your observation with the exception of wanting no supervision. As an experienced PA, I know the limitations of some of my colleagues and lack of supervision can be a goal after five to seven years of practice which is similar to a residency. I feel their is a very decreased application of physical exam skills being practiced in all of the medical professions, from physicians, residents, medical school students as well as PAs and NPs. As a seventy year old I am both concerned and fightened as I feel that I came from the golden stage of medicine having practiced for forty six years and I consider the present , to be the bronze stage. I would not say their leadership is stronger but legislatively they accomplish much more because numbers and money equal power.